Chapter Six

Kimbella
Since I've been real busy with my clothing boutique I haven't been able to spend much time at the hair salon. So I decided to hand the salon over to a friend of my family. She's been doing hair for a while now and she always wanted her own salon so I said why not give it to her and let her have what she always wanted. She redecorated and remodeled it and it looks real nice.

I had nothing on my agenda today so I guess I'll go see my parents since I haven't seen them. I usually call my mom and let her know I'm coming but I'm going to surprise her today.
I pulled up to their house and I saw both cars were here. I guess daddy didn't have to work today which is good because I've been wanting to see him.

I knocked on the door and when my mom asked who is it, I tried to disguise my voice and said message like that man off of Don't Be A Menace To Society. She opened the door, gave me a hug and screamed.

"Kim!! Why you didn't call me? I could've had something cooked for you."

"Hey mama and I wanted it to be a surprise, and you know it don't matter if you cook something or not I'm going to find something in that kitchen to eat regardless. Where's daddy?"

"He's probably upstairs. Hold on, Calvin! Come down stairs somebody wants to see you."

Daddy came down stairs and his eyes lit up when he saw me.

"Hey baby girl!"

He said giving me a hug

"Hey daddy. How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm wonderful." I said smiling ear to ear.
"Oh lord. Who is he?"My mom said & my dad looked from me to my mom.

"What you mean who is he Karen?"

"Mom he is so oh my gosh I can't explain." I said smiling and sighing.

"Somebody better tell me something or I know some."

"His name is Luke, daddy and he's so wonderful. I truly believe he's an angel sent from God himself. He's such a gentleman, he's handsome, he's smart, he treats me like a queen. I've never felt this way before."

"I hope this young fella is a friend the way you bragging about him."

"Well daddy he was just a friend but then two months later we became more than friends."

"So y'all became best friends?"

"Nooo daddy he's my boyfriend and I'm his girlfriend."

"Aww baby I'm so happy for you. When did y'all meet? How did y'all meet? "What made y'all become boyfriend & girlfriend?"

"Well we met one night when Ant & I went out for lunch and he's Ant's old best friend from New Orleans so they talked for a minute then he introduced us. One day he came to the boutique looking to buy something for his mom and best friend and we talked and he asked me on a date. He took me out to eat we got to know each other a little bit more and then we went to a show of his. He brought me on stage and sung to me. Then after that we went on more dates and hung out with each other a lot more and he told me how he felt and I said I felt the same way too and he asked me to be his girl with a candlelight dinner with R&B music playing in the background."

"Aww baby that's the so sweet. You know you have to bring him to the cookout next Saturday."

"Yeah so me & your uncles meet this lil boyfriend of yours."

"No daddy because the last time y'all met a friend of mine y'all interrogated him so bad that Monday he asked the teacher could he have a new lab partner."

"And? The boy should've been able to handle our questions."

"Daddy he was a FRESHMAN & we were just FRIENDS. Mama even uncle Dwayne asked him have he ever made love to a man and when he said no he asked him did he want to."

"Calvin is that true?"

Daddy looked around the room and started whistling.

"Calvin!"

"What? Baby nah that's not true that girl don't know what she talking about."

Daddy gave me a look with his eyes telling me to hush.

I laughed at him and replied back.

"Nah I know what I'm talking about daddy. Don't try to play me like I'm slow."

"Boy Calvin I swear you and all your brothers need help." Mama said getting up hitting daddy upside his head.

"Alright y'all well I'm about to get on up this road. I just stopped by to see y'all." I said getting up giving them both hugs.

"Alright baby drive careful and don't forget to tell him about to cookout now."

"Yes ma'am and imma tell him."

"Don't be speeding and don't be on that phone either."

"Now daddy you know I don't speed and I don't never be on my phone while I'm driving."

"Alright baby girl. We love you."

"I love y'all too and I'll call y'all when I make it home."

I got in my car and blew the horn to tell them bye and got on the highway. After stopping to get some gas and some food I arrived at the house.

I texted my mom to let her & my dad know I made it to the house safely. I did my daily routine in the bathroom and then I warmed my food up a little bit and I FaceTime my baby.

"Why you answering my man phone?"

"Because that's my son and I have a right to see who is calling my son's phone while he's working."

"Well tell daddy get to the phone mama wants to talk to him." I said smirking.

"....Luke come get your phone bro your girl being nasty." I busted out laughing.

"I love youuuuu Elijah." I said blowing him a kiss.

"Goodbye Kimbella. I don't even like you no more." I laughed again at Elijah's crazy self.

"Hey baby."

"Hey babe. What you doing?"

"Uh nothing at E's house chillin' we all just wrapped up a phone interview. What you doing?"

"Nothing laying in bed. I went by parents house today."

"Oh yeah how they doing?" He said taking his braids down.
"They're good. Mama wants you to come to our family cookout next Saturday so you can meet them and they can meet you. And why you taking your hair down?"

"Braids too tight and no problem I'll come."

"Alright. Well I'm about to lay down and go to sleep I'll talk to you tomorrow. I love you and bye you guys I love y'all too."

"Aight baby I love you too and they said bye and they love you too."

••••
Just like any other dad Calvin is very protective over his baby girl, his only daughter at that so imagine how this family cookout will turn out once Calvin and his brothers get ahold of Luke, hopefully he'll be able to handle their questions.

Vote, comment & let me know what y'all think