Chapter 1

{edited}

   Right! Okay well the sappy backstory is over, so let's just jump right in.

The year is now 2017.  I've lived 379 years on this world and haven't seen any sign of the god who "gifted" me with such a lengthy existence. I age slowly, but I do age. This is a small comfort I suppose. I have much better control of my influence over plants than I did when Odin first gave it to me.  Turns out I have some control over water and fire as well.

I don't really feel sorry for myself anymore. Always gotta try and find the silver lining right? For example, I get to meet some amazing people, do some amazing things, I can learn any instrument, language, or skill I want to in my own time. Meeting Einstein was pretty great...

Bit of a flirt though.

As the world grew so did I. You'd really never guess I was born in the 1600's. I look around 20ish.  I've seen times of war, times of peace, years that seemed full of tears and years full of accomplishment and happiness.  And man, technology is a thing that happened.  Super weird. I've got it mastered...for the most part...not at all...

Fine.  I don't even own a computer.

Turns out plant powers are super cool. I made a treehouse out of living trees and I expand or downsize whenever I please. I have no need to eat animals since I can have any kind of fruit or veggie ever.

I'm rambling.

Sorry.

The point is this; almost immortality is super lonely, but the superpowers are pretty sweet. Okay cool.

Now. Let me tell you what's going on currently.

I'm standing here in the middle of the woods and directly in front of my natural treehouse a blinding light is touching down. The same kind of light I saw so many years ago.

I can't breathe.

The light stops quickly and a figure stands there in armor that gleams like the sun.

Odin.

That little shit.

Okay look, I know I said I didn't feel bad for myself anymore and I don't, but I'm still mad at the Asgardian King.

I stand still as Odin steps forward with a stupid smile etched onto his stupid face.

"Flora! I have been wondering how you've faired since we saw each other last! Is all well?"

"Odin." I say through gritted teeth,  "You could have told me if I ate the damn apple I wouldn't be able to die."

He chuckles slightly, "I said your life would be changed, if you recall."

"Changed and extended almost indefinitely are two different things. A warning would have been appreciated," I spit, "but I guess I should thank you for the um...abilities." I'm not really sure what to call what I can do, I guess abilities is as good a word as any.

He visibly shifts, and I narrow my eyes in confusion.

"Flora, the Golden Apple does not give powers to the individual who eats it. It only gives one an extended life. It seems you had these powers already, and the apple simply brought them forth." He tries to explain, but seems very unsure.  If he were to tell me he was making it up I would believe him.