Chapter 20

I open my eyes and stretch, my leg brushing whoever is sleeping next to me.  My eyes widen and I look over at the still-sleeping Loki, whose arm is draped lazily over my stomach. 

I hold my breath as I slowly climb out of bed, laying his arm gently down on the mattress.  He stirs slightly but does not wake and I let out a quiet sigh of relief.

I recall the events of last night and immediately the blood creeps up to my cheeks, settling in pools of scarlet.  That kiss was something else.  I'd been kissed before of course, but never like that. His lips were full of Thank You's and of apologies, of questions and answers. He put everything he wanted to say to me into that one gentle moment, and I made sure to include my response. After we broke apart we just looked at each other for a while, him taking a curled strand of my hair in between his fingers. I jokingly returned the gesture, twirling a ebony section of his own hair around my knuckles.

He read to me, and I recited a fairytale to him. We talked until I fell asleep, my last memory one of Loki humming what I assume is an Asgardian lullaby. I never knew he had such a lovely voice.

It was so simple, so easy. There was no push to go any further, and that made it more intimate than I could have imagined.

The door creaks open and Thor steps in about to say something. He changes his mind as he sees me in Loki's clothes, his brother asleep on the bed, and my dress in a crumpled heap on the floor.

He eyes me and smiles suggestively, one eyebrow raised in a question both silent and as loud as if he had shouted it.

I stammer, "W-We didn't-"

He laughs boisterously, "No? I had hoped you had, Lady Flora. My brother can be quite persuasive. How did you resist him?"

My mouth opens and closes like a fish out of water.

"I did not ask her, Thor." Loki sits up, groaning, apparently woken up by the intrusion. "Exactly what are you doing here, you big oaf."

Thor laughs once again, "The Lady Flora was not in her chambers. I thought she may be here."

I am finally able to speak, "Welp. Here I am. What do you want."

"Father asked me to tell you that your official job as Loki's handler begins today. From now on your duties include escorting him around the grounds of the palace, attending meetings, and making sure he stays out of trouble." Thor smiles at me and I see Loki roll his eyes.

I salute him mockingly and return the grin, "Sir, yes sir!"

Thor chuckles once again and makes his way out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Good-morning, Flower." Loki addresses me quietly.

"Good-morning, Sunshine." I respond. "I'm going to go get changed, Ida must be wondering where I've gotten off to."

He nods, "I shall also get dressed. Keep the clothes. They look good on you."

I turn and leave before he can see me blush again.

Damn him. With his words and his face.

I enter my own chambers to see Ida pulling a lavender day-dress from the wardrobe.

"Flora! There you are! The Prince Thor just told me you were with Prince Loki!" She says hurriedly.

I roll my eyes, "Yes, I was. We didn't do anything."