Chapter 19

Loki and I walk down the halls back to our rooms.  After what seems like hours of Odin's subjects paying their respects and talking far longer than necessary, I am, in a word: exhausted.

The guests were nice enough I suppose, but they ignored Loki almost completely.  Only the occasional "My Prince," ever reached his ears.  It didn't seem to bother him, and I know if it doesn't bother him it shouldn't bother me.

But it does.

I mean, come on!  Loki has already been proven innocent...ish....  Everyone makes mistakes and it's in the past.  Hakuna Matata, right?  No worries.

Besides, I would be more worried about the fact that Asgard is ruled by a king that can be cruel enough to sew his own son's lips shut.  Just saying.

"You look ravishing, my Flower."

One eyebrow involuntarily arches as the compliment pulls me away from my thoughts and I turn to Loki.  I fully take him in.  There wasn't a lot of time to at the dinner.

His hair is slicked back, and he's wearing what I assume are his traditional garbs.  It's mostly leather and the color scheme is predominantly green and g-

Green and gold.

I glance at my dress and laugh in realization.  Ida.

"Thank you, Sunshine.  It appears I'm wearing your colors."

We stop in front of my room and Loki's, which is only one door down.

He smirks at me and nods in affirmation, "You should wear them more often." 

There goes the other eyebrow.

"Are you claiming me, Prince Loki?"

He mocks surprise at the accusation, "I would never!"  He grins, "You wouldn't allow it."

I nod, "Damn right."

He rolls his eyes and pulls me into a tight embrace, "Goodnight, Flora."

I squeeze him in return, "Sleep well, Loki."

We exchange small smiles before entering our separate rooms.  I take a few steps inside and close the door before I realize that I had already dismissed Ida for the night.  I shrug, how hard could it be.

I start working on pulling the dozens of pins from my hair until it finally cascades down my back, free of its bonds.  I remove the jewelry and lovely slippers and begin to work on the multiple ribbons pulling the dress tightly to my waist.

After about fifteen minutes of making no headway I am faced with a dilemma:  I could sleep in the dress, or I could ask Loki for help.

The choice is simple.

I make my way over to the bed and lay down, immediately regretting it,  the lovely shimmering sequins are not at all comfortable and it is transparent that I won't be going to sleep any time soon.

With a groan I walk over to the door and peek out.  No guards.

I tiptoe over to Loki's chambers and knock quietly, praying he hears me.