Epilogue.

The wedding was nothing grand, nothing overly exciting.  Announcements were made and our friends were thrilled.  Sif and Ida were my bridesmaids.  Fandral and Thor of course stood at Loki's side at the alter.  Endre and Ida's little sister, Asta,  were the ring-bearer and the flower girl.  We were married on Asgard in the Midgardian fashion, since Earth is where we've decided to stay.  Odin was more than happy to perform the ceremony.

After the ceremony, there was a small reception with lovely music and delicious food.  Loki and I exchanged a knowing look when we caught sight of Thor and Ida smiling at eachother as they danced.  When the time came for us to return to Earth, there were no teary-eyed goodbyes or melancholy glances.  We all knew we had a wonderful life to look forward to together. 

Two Years Later

"Be careful you two! You know how slippery the rocks can be in the winter!" I shout at Endre and my childish husband, who is balancing precariously on top of an icy boulder, trying not to fall off as Endre attempts to make him lose his balance.

"Darling, you know I'm always careful!" He calls back distractedly. 

Endre splashes the rock and Loki jumps over the onslaught of water.  Endre's hand turns a light blue and he quickly freezes the water so that when Loki lands, he lands on an especially slick surface, sliding to the ground with a loud "thump."

I roll my eyes, chuckling lightly at their antics.  Loki grins and I hear him mutter something about cheating.  I watch them for a few more moments before stretching out on the ground, trying to stay warm in the sun.

My attention is caught by sudden movement and my eyes snap open.  I stay still, waiting for it to happen again.

It does.

My hand flies to my lower abdomen just as another nudge presses against my skin. 

"Whoa." I breathe quietly.

Only now do I notice the slight bulge of my stomach that most certainly was not there a few months ago. 

Then again, maybe I'm just getting fat.

"Woah!" I repeat stupidly as the palm of my hand is kicked gently.

Well there goes that theory.

Loki notices my change in demeanor and saunters over, sitting beside me.

"Something wrong, Flower?" He inquires, taking my hand and playing with my fingers.

I glance at him, distracted by the little, fluttering kicks going on inside of me, "No, not really wrong..."

He furrows his brow in confusion, "What do you mean?"

Wordlessly, I move his hand to my stomach, just in time for him to feel more of the strange movement from my womb.

I watch as his eyes widen in shock and he brings his other hand to rest on my abdomen.

"You- You're-" he sputters, unable to finish.

I catch myself grinning, nodding at his unfinished question, "I'm pregnant."

Suddenly, he is ontop of me, forcing me playfully to the ground, his head now pressed against my stomach, kissing it gently.

The child in my stomach does a little flip at the sudden movement and I laugh at the sensation.

"That's our child!" Loki says proudly, glancing at me for a moment before continuing to listen to the baby.

"Endre!" I call, "Come here for a moment!"

The boy, who had been watching in confusion, runs over, "What's going on?"

Loki sits up, grinning wildly at his adopted son, "Your mother and I are going to have a baby! You're going to get a new playmate!"

Endre glances between the two of us for a brief few moments before a grin identical to Loki's spreads across his cheeks, "I get to be the big brother?"

I laugh merrily, "Of course you do! Who else is going to teach this child how to stay out of trouble?  His father certainly won't do a very good job!"

Loki scoffs at me, stating that he would teach him all the best pranks so that he wouldn't be boring like his mother.

We all laugh and enjoy the good news, soaking up smiles. 

Everything is wonderful.  So full of light and happiness.

And for once, I know that's how it's going to stay.

The End.