Chapter 10

I sit up and brush myself up, Loki copying me, the blue hue of his skin slowly fading back to the ivory I'm used to.

I once again stare at him, mesmerized.

He raises an eyebrow, "Enjoying the show, are you?"

I nod a little, grinning up at him, "You're very fascinating, Loki. Very beautiful."

He rolls his eyes, "You said that last time, Flora. I still do not see how you can see beauty in such a horrid creature, " he raises his hands in surrender when I glare at him, "but I appreciate that you do." He finishes gently.

I smile once again and stand up, stretching my hand out for Loki to take, which he does.

We begin to make our way back to the treehouse but he stops me,

"Would you mind showing me?" He inquires.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "Showing you what?"

"What you can do."

His curious gaze meets my now cautious one, "Loki, it can be dangerous, and you've already seen most of it."

He smirks, "You? Dangerous? Never."

I smile sadly at him, "You really have no idea."

It's his turn to furrow his eyebrows, urging me to go on.

I shake my head lightly, "I won't show you everything, but I suppose you should know a little more about what I am. C'mon, I know the perfect place to show you."

I lead him to a little clearing and step out into the sunny center.

"What are you waiting for? Come here!" I call, beckoning for him to join me.

He shifts, embarrassed, "I can not be in the sun for long," he explains, "Frost-Giants and heat do not mix, I'm afraid."

I grin at the god, "Well, that's easily fixed."

I look up at the trees surrounding the little meadow, and focus on their canopies. I close my eyes, focusing intensely and picturing their upper branches expanding, stretching, crossing each-other and intertwining to form a shield against the sun's rays, while still allowing a little sun to shine through to the ground.

I open my eyes and smirk at Loki, who has his eyebrows slightly raised at the feat, "Better?"

He nods and saunters over to me, "Indeed."

"So," I start, "what exactly would you like to see?"

"Anything you'd like to show me, I suppose." He replies, staring up at the new canopy.

Well, that narrows it down.

Not.

"Okay... well I'm most deeply connected with plant-life, since it's the first thing I learned how to influence. It can be beautiful, and it can be very dangerous." I look at Loki, "So far, you've been fortunate enough only to experience the harmless side of that ability."

He nods slowly, "Show me."

I let out a sigh, "Suit yourself."

Before he can respond, I have the root of a tree shooting from the forest floor and wrapping around his wrists and ankles, forcing him to the ground.

His eyes widen in surprise as he struggles to be free of the living bonds.

I release him, and he slowly gets to his feet, "Well, that was...interesting."

I laugh at him, "You probably could have gotten out of it, Loki. Plants and frost don't exactly get along."

He nods thoughtfully, "But normally that would be a very good trap."