6. International Couple

"Rose, you need to write a new song." Jeremy, one of the boys tour managers told me.

My brow furrowed as I drank from my water bottle, still out of breath from the rehersal set we had just gone through in preperation for tomorrow nights show. The guys goofed off around us, hanging out with the band as the stage crew packed up a few things we wouldn't need until tomorrow.

When I finished chugging the water, I wiped my mouth and twisted the cap back on. "I'll try, but I can't promise anything amazing. When does it have to be done by?"

Jeremy shrugged, "Try to get it done soon so we can feature it in our upcoming shows. If you want, you can get one of the boys to help you."

"Yeah, okay, sure. Thanks, Jer, see you later!" I called, turning around.

I passed the guys, who watched me as I walked backstage and fell onto the couch, a table full of refreshments and foods laid out for us across from the couch. Snatching up a pen and paper, I leaned the paper against a stray magazine on the ground and tapped the pen against the blank sheet. What would I write a song about in the first place? Parties? Life? Love?

I sighed, tapping the pen into a rythmic beat, trying to inspire myself. Knowing I'm the biggest procrastinator, I wanted to begin this little assignment as soon as possible in hopes that it will actually get done. A few moments into thinking, I found myself being distracted as Zayn walked through the door and fell onto the couch by my feet.

"What are you doing?" He questioned, glancing at me sideways before leaning forward and snatching some chips from the table. "Want a crisp?"

I shook my head, "No thanks, not hungry. And I'm trying to write a song... Jeremy's orders."

"You need some help?"

"I need a miracle worker." I deadpanned. "I'm awful at writing, let alone songs. How am I supposed to just magically create a hit song to sing during the tour?"

Zayn chuckled. "It isn't that hard once you get going. Here, I'll help - do you know what theme you want for the song?"

"Nope." I said, popping the 'p'.

"This is going to take awhile," He muttered.

I grinned at my dark haired friend, nodding. "You're the one who offered your help." I glanced down at my hand, who had grown a steady beat before I smiled and straightened up a bit. "And I wanna know would you treat me well; would you treat me like a queen?"

The lyric sparked interest to the both of us, and soon we were creating an entire song around it. My hand scribbled violently across the page as we sung ideas to each other, a smile slipping on my lips at the thought of this actually getting done and being a hit.

-*-*-*-*-

My heart pounded as feverishly as my head, going along in a quick beat that excited me as the crowd cheered my name, enforcing the idea that I could do this. With one last run through my brown curls, the lights dimmed and the band began playing my song. I knew the guys were now invisable to the crowd, especially as I entered the stage with a spot light on me and a change in outfit.

Another spotlight hit the other entrance on the side of the stage in sync, making the crowd go wild at the sight of Zayn Malik and Rose Gates, here to sing them a song. I couldn't see past the band at the top of the stage, but I knew Zayn was smiling at the crowd from where I stood, concealed from his vision. The band hit the last note perfectly before he began singing the song we had made up just days ago.

"You seem quite nice for a girl with good looks and I'm the kind of fellow that would make you feel better when your life gets shook so.. Give it a chance, according to your plans I bet I'm not number one on your list to kiss but please understand."