35. Wedding Day

I drew a shaky breath as Bruce shot me a reassuring smile, pulling the veil over my head so it covered my face. I could hear the traditional wedding music start as well as chairs against the grass move as our guests stood up and looked back at the entrance from the stone building expectantly. My brother took my arm, looping it through his own as we slowly exited the stone building, starting to slowly walk down the stone path.

                Zayn waited at the alter for me in his tuxedo, the boys lined up behind him with their hands politely folded in front of them. A huge smile graced my lips as my older brother led me closer to him, everyone on either side of the stone path assessing my dress. It was beautiful and strapless, puffing out after my corset gradually so it looked good rather than too Cinderella-like.

                “I love you, sis.” Bruce whispered as he handed me off to my soon to be husband, kissing my cheek as he did so.

                My eyes locked on Zayn’s big brown ones as the priest did the same ceremony that he does usually for people at weddings. I couldn’t hear him, though, because my gaze was locked on the man I loves’ gaze. He looked so perfect in this white alter, his four best friends behind him, hands holding mine as his eyes shone with happiness.

                When the time came, my breath was only slightly shaky from my excitement as I said, “I do.”

                The priest repeated his words to Zayn and Zayn answered confidently, “I do.”

                “I now announce, with the power vested in me under our Lord, you to man and wife. Zayn, you may now kiss your bride.

                Zayn grinned at me – the same grin I fell in love with four years ago – before grabbing my waist and drawing me in. The second our lips touched, people were clapping and cheering and the boys were wolf whistling for the happy couple. Zayn Malik was my husband. Momentarily, I forgot about the crowd and let myself get lost in the official kiss before pulling away sheepishly.

                Zayn grabbed my hand tightly and whispered in my ear, “I’ve been waiting for this moment for years, wife.”

                I giggled, saying, “How’s it feel, husband?

                “Like I’ve won the whole world.”

                I couldn’t wipe the grin off my face. After this, we all headed inside for the reception; it was inside a stone building with a big dance floor and then half of the downstairs for dinner seating, then an upstairs section that overlooked the dance floor that allowed more dinner seating. I slipped into the bathroom and changed out of the wedding dress and into a strapless, silk white dress that fell above my knees to be more comfortable.

                As I was looking for Zayn out on the dance floor, everyone was buzzing around me, telling me how beautiful I look and how perfect the wedding was. I smiled at them and thanked them politely, finally managing to find Zayn dancing with Saffa – who was the flower girl. When she saw me, her face lit up and she ran over to me, giving me a big hug. She’s a lot older than what I remembered, but was still a gorgeous flower girl.

                “You looked awesome,” She told me, big eyes serious but sparkling with excitement. “And I’m so happy you’re officially a part of the family!”

                I hugged her back, saying, “Me look awesome? You took my breath away!”

                Saffa smiled her perfect smile at me before going over to her other two sisters, leaving me only a second alone with Zayn before Jamie and Niall bounded over to us. They both had big smiles slapped onto their faces, and fingers interlocked together as they approached the newlyweds.