14. Temporarily Perfect

It seemed like everything was finally perfect. It's been a month since Zayn and I started dating — a month in which I gained both Danielle and Eleanor as a new friend — and I learned to ignore Seth with ease. When Zayn was around when Seth texted me, he simply took my phone, turned it off, and tossed it on a couch or bed or the closest (and safest) thing to us. It was relieving to see he didn't look too much into it, and it made me smile at the fact that I didn't have a crazy jealous boyfriend.

                And now, as we hung around in the hotel we were staying at for a few days due to our upcoming concert and CD signing in the area, I found myself curled up beside my very boyfriend. Harry, Liam, and Louis were sharing a bedroom while Zayn, I, and Niall shared a different suite. We were all scattered around the hotel — Zayn and I sitting by the pool, sharing a lounge chair while the other boys varied from the arcade room to the gift shop.

                "Mm, I love this song." Zayn murmured against my hair, softly singing, "I wanna write her, her name in the sky. I wanna free fall out of nothin', oh I'm gonna leave this, this world for a while."

                I smiled, "You're a John Mayer fan?"

                He nodded, showing off that perfect smile that I love so much. "A big one. But I'm an even bigger Rose Gates fan."

                I rolled my eyes at him, but still kept the smile on my lips nonetheless. After a few more minutes of lounging comfortably by the pool, Zayn shifted from underneath me and got up, blocking the sun as he grinned mischievously down at me. His tan six pack looked way more genuine and mouth-watering than any other fake, photo shopped abs you see on TV.

                Biting my lip, I looked up at him and met his smirking gaze, caught by my boyfriend for checking him out. "Like what you see, babe?"

                I grinned, hopping up off the chair and shredding his tee shirt to leave me in my favorite bikini. "Nope, I was just checking out all the hotter guys already in the pool."

                Winking, I walked over to the steps leading into the pool and got in, shooting Zayn a smirk over my shoulder as he stood in the same spot. Finally, he joined me in the pool, wrapping his arms around my bare waist and putting his head on my shoulder from behind. His breath was hot against my ear as I forced myself not to shiver from our sudden proximity and physical contact.

                "Hot guys, hm?" Zayn questioned huskily in my ear.

                So hot. "Yeah."

                Zayn kissed my neck slowly as I bit down on my bottom lip. "Babe, I don't see anyone hotter than me."

                "You win," I breathed out.

                Enforcing the idea that he had won this little game, I turned around in his arms and kissed him hard on the lips. Immediately he kissed back, just as eager as I had been. How did he have this fantastic effect on me, making me from teasing to wanting his lips on mine so badly? My arms wrapped around his neck and, by the time I finally pulled away, it was my mind forcing me to for the sake that we were in public.

                "Let's swim, shall we?" I asked Zayn, sending him an easy smile.

                He pecked me on the lips one last time before prying me off him. "We shall."

                Zayn was tall enough that the water never reached past half of his stomach, which he seemed relieved of. I knew Zayn didn't prefer swimming, but as long as he wasn't fully submerged in water, he would be willing to go in. We just hung out together in the pool before the people started getting more and more bored, leaving the pool to just us. I floated on my back in the pool, shutting my eyes as I heard him walking towards me, the mini-waves underneath me proving the theory true.