15. Skipped Goodbyes

“Thank you so much!” A girl chirped, looking like she was about to faint.

                I giggled, waving her off. “No problem! Bye!”

                We all kept walking past the large group of people who had waited here to see us since they couldn’t get in the signing. I waved to them with a smile on my lips, surprised that this many people were here just to catch a glimpse of the British – and Irish – boy band accompanied by the all-American singer… me.

                Finally, we reached the tour bus after a long day of CD signing for over a thousand people who had come. Instantly, the guys threw themselves on the couch, leaving me to laugh at them and chose a seat. Other than the seat next to Zayn, the guys had filled the couches. So, ignoring Zayn, I took a seat on the floor with my back against the coffee table as the guys exchanged glances.

                I was giving Zayn the silent treatment. Really, he deserved it – what he said to me stung, especially coming from him, the guy who was supposed to be my rock. But my rock broke from underneath my touch and had snapped at me, accusing me of things out of anger that was still repeated in my head.  It wasn’t long until the boys selected a show to watch – iCarly.

                “Look, lads! It’s the episode we’re in!” Harry said excitedly, pointing to himself on screen before making a face. “I was awful at pretending to be sick…”

                I laughed, “You were good – very believable, if I do say so myself.”

                Harry grinned at me as Niall commented, “They always had good food on set…. It was very respectable.”

                Of course, Niall talks about food. I looked at the screen as the ending commenced, the boys singing their song on screen for the second time in the show. My eyes landed on Zayn’s as he looked into the camera, making me believe that he was looking directly at me. Shying away, I looked down at the floor, pushing myself up.

                I walked out of the room with my head down to see Liam skyping Danielle on his bunk bed, a smile on his lips as I heard her laughter in the background. Grinning, I ran over to his bunk and shoved him out of the way as I waved frantically to my beautiful friend, my mood somewhat lifted now that I had a girl to talk to. She grinned and waved back just as eagerly, glancing at Liam.

                “Liam, could you leave for a few minutes? I need to have girl talk with Rose.” Danielle said, giving a pointed look at the camera.

                Internally, I ‘aw’-ed when Liam said, “Sure, babe.”

                Once he left the room, I looked at the computer to see Danielle’s brow furrowed. “Rose! What happened to you and Zayn? I heard you’ve been giving him the cold shoulder since yesterday.”

                I sighed, glancing at the entrance nervously. “We got in a fight.”

                “Explain,” She said.

                “Well, my ex has been texting me stupidly lately, and Zayn usually just ignores it. But then suddenly he freaked out at me and called me stupid for ever dating him and basically called me shallow for just wanting to ‘date the popular kid’.” I told her sadly.

                She nodded, “Yeah, I would give Liam the silent treatment if he ever did that to me, too. Just don’t go too hard on him, alright? It just seems like he snapped.”