31. Bad Date

I giggled as Zayn pulled me into his chest, his arms wrapped around my shoulders from behind and holding mine by my sides. His head was rested on top of mine – just another way to show how he was taller than me – and I knew he had a lazy grin planted on his lips. Suddenly Jamie was in front of us with her phone positioned to take a picture, so I puffed out my cheeks and widened my eyes.

                She was laughing as she took the picture, staring at the screen with a grin as she sobered up. “I swear you two are the most perfect couple.”

                I grinned, “Show me the picture.”

                Jamie winked, saying, “You’ll see it all over twitter in a few seconds.”

                Zayn’s chest vibrated with chuckles as we attempted to walk back to our lane in that position, our legs pressed against one another with each step we took. When we finally made it to our lane – boys on one side, girls on another – Zayn unlocked our fingers and detached himself from me. After turning me around, he kept our proximity close.

                I pouted at him, but he sent me a wink before leaning forward and capturing my lips in his for a lingering kiss, our lips moving in perfect sync as they molded together and the butterflies letting loose in my stomach. After being with him for so long, you would think these stupid butterflies would have died down by now – unfortunately, not.

                When he pulled away, it was because his phone was buzzing. I sighed as he smiled sheepishly, glancing at it before taking a double take, his smile turning into a full-blown grin. Before I could look curiously at the phone, he held it out to me, showing off the picture of us. Even though I’m making a weird face, we still looked happy – Zayn was sticking his tongue out and crossed his eyes.

                “This is definitely my new background, love,” Zayn decided, clicking a few buttons before it was set as his lock screen background.

                I grinned successfully, saying, “It will be mine after I track down that picture.”

                He rolled his eyes. “Track down? It’s all over twitter already, babe, and ‘Rayn’ is already trending.”

Damn.

                Before I could respond, Jamie was pushing past me to greet Kate. I spun around and saw her approach us with a smile on her lips, clad in shorts and a tank top – casual, just like how I was dressed. When her eyes landed on Zayn, her smile turned into a sly smirk before all traces of it were gone and Kate was bounding towards us, looking friendly.

                She stuck her hand out to Zayn, saying, “Hi, I’m Kate.”

                He smiled politely at her, shaking her hand. “Hello, I’m Zayn.”

                “It’s nice meeting you!”

                Zayn simply nodded as she went on to the next person, introducing herself. After meeting all of the girls, she started talking to the guys – Louis was holding Eleanor’s hand, which I thought was cute after their little fight yesterday – and seemed friendly enough. Zayn put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer somewhat possessively, his brow scrunching together.

                “What?” I questioned, looking up at Zayn with my big eyes and wondering what had gotten him suddenly protective.

                He glanced down at me before saying, “Nothing, love.”

                “But –”