12. Team Carrots

Seth: sorry babe, I was drunk last night and didn’t know what I was doing. All I knew was that I wanted you (;

                I rolled my eyes at the message, shoving my phone back into my pocket. Real smooth, Seth. Zayn snatched up my hand almost immediately after I let it drop, that adorable smile slipping onto his lips as we sat on his family room couch. He started playing with my fingers, my hand rested in both of his while I giggled at him for being so silly.

                “You find my hand amusing?” I asked, eyes sparkling with laughter.

                As he met my gaze, a huge grin planted on his lips. “Maybe.”

                My phone buzzed again. Annoyed, I pulled it out of my pocket with my free hand, scanning the message before rolling my eyes at it. This time he chose to tell me about how sexy it would be if I was in his tee shirt, like old times. Officially angry with Seth, I put my phone down on the coffee table and gave Zayn a quick peck before slipping out of his hold and into the kitchen.

                Saffa and Waliyha were standing in there, cookies in hand as they talked about anything. When I walked in, Saffa sent me a goofy grin that reminded me of her brother’s and Waliyha smiled, handing me a chocolate chip cookie. I sent her a grateful look before taking a seat across from them at the kitchen island, munching on my cookie hungrily.

                “So, do you guys have any plans for today?” I questioned, glancing in between them. “Anything fun?”

                Saffa, who is only eight, shook her head. “Play video games.”

                Waliyha grinned at her younger sister before answering, “Yeah, I’m going to the mall with my friends soon. We’re going to get some clothes… Hey, do you want to come?”

                “I wish. Sorry Wal, but I already told Niall that I would experience the great Nandos,” I said sarcastically.

                She laughed, “Alright, that’s fine! You can’t pass up an offer to Nandos.”

                I smiled at her, finishing off my cookie. “Well, have fun and I’ll see you later!”

                With that, I walked back into the family room to see Zayn sitting on the couch just as I left him, glancing up to meet my gaze with a pout. I giggled and assumed position curled up against him again, his arm around me and keeping me right where I was. We watched soccer for a few more minutes before Zayn glanced down at me with a huge smile, his eyes sparkling with happiness.

                “What?” I questioned, growing curious.

                He chuckled, pecking me on the lips. “Have you ever noticed that when you’re curious, your head tilts to the side slightly and you scrunch up your nose a bit?”

                I tried to straighten out my face, biting my lip. “It’s a habit.”

                This time, he kissed my nose. “It’s cute.”

                Again, like he has a power over me, my lips broke out into a smile and I buried my face in the crook of his neck, transitioning my position so I sat on his lap. Zayn’s muscles tightened as he wrapped his arms around me, keeping me exactly where I was as I breathed onto his neck, wondering if this gave him the same butterflies it gave me.

                “You know,” Zayn said huskily, gently pulling my head back so he could press his forehead against mine. “I don’t think you’re aware of your effect on me.”