26. Under the Stars

"Okay, enough." I said officially, crossing my arms over my chest.

                Jamie jumped away from Niall, who was smirking at her. They had just been caught making out on the couch again — seriously, is that all they do? Jamie's cheeks formed a blush as she looked down at the ground, trying to hide it from the both of us. Raising a brow at Niall, I saw his gaze turn to me and a soft blush reach his cheeks.

                "We're going on a double date tonight." I told them, not accepting an objection. "Niall, go back to your house with Zayn so Jamie and I can dress up and look hot enough to make you boys drool, alright?"

                Niall nodded, grinning as he returned back to his cheeky self. "Aye! When will we be picking you two girls up? Around seven?"

                I nodded. "Yes."

                "Then I'll see you at seven." Niall said, turning to Jamie and offering a smile.

                As he walked out of the room, Zayn squeezed the arm that was around my waist before pecking me on the lips, giving me a grin before he followed Niall out the door. Jamie looked up at me with sparkling eyes and a huge grin planted on her lips, telling me obviously that she liked my idea. I grinned secretively at her before walking out of the room and into the bathroom, hopping in the shower.

                After my shower, Jamie got in and I went to my room to tear through my closet. A dress, I need a dress. Once I officially looked at every article of clothing, I snatched the perfect dress — a light purple/blue dress that ended a little more than a few inches above my knee. I tossed the dress onto my bed before walking over to my vanity and sitting down, drying my long hair before straightening it.

                "Jamie!" I shouted, looking at my make-up while biting my lip.

                A few minutes later, my best friend opened my door in a silk robe, her hair in curls. "Yeah?"

                I gave a pointed look at my make-up. "Could you do my make-up? Whenever I do my own, I barely put any on. Make me look good."

                "I thought this day would never come."

                "Oh, shut up."

                "Really, I'm honored!"

                I rolled my eyes at my best friend as she snickered, walking over to me and beginning her work. Of course, I was a bit nervous when she brought out the eyelash curler and the eyeliner, but she knew exactly what she was doing — which was a relief on my part. When she was done, she clapped and I opened my eyes, traveling back to the mirror in satisfaction and a smile.

                I had winged eyeliner, barely noticeable foundation, and perfect eyelashes. "Thanks, Jamie — you're a lifesaver!"

                Jamie rolled her eyes. "Obviously."

                With that, she left, leaving me to get dressed. After I slid the dress on, I picked out my favorite pair of shoes — other than my TOMS, of course - my grey wedges, that happened to go perfectly with the light grey clutch I was using as a bag. Glancing at the clock, I noticed there was only ten more minutes until the guys were back. We had only given ourselves an hour to get ready — we were basically making record time — so this was impressive.

                When I was done stuffing my phone into the clutch bag, I stepped out of my bedroom just as Jamie was stepping out of hers. Together, we assessed one another's outfit — Jamie had on a pretty peach dress, black flats, and had her beautiful brown hair in curls. When we met each other's gaze, she gave me the same smile of approval that I had given her. Look at us; we were best friends about to go on a good double date together that didn't involve sleazy guys checking out other girls asses.