#3 The Commander

Mischa

The rogue attacks have always been a huge problem for us. And now if there is going to be a war, that's disastrous! Rogues though do not belong to any pack and are untrained but they are merciless killers and a war with rogues has never ended in good terms for any pack.

Fear, instant fear is what they bring out in you. Though I am trained and I can fight rogues easily but rogues in large amount are dangerous as they do not follow the rules of war. They are crooked and wicked and don’t play well with the rules. They do anything and everything to win.

I clutch Ava’s hand tightly as we walk together towards the clearing where Elias will pass the judgment.

‘Ava shouldn’t come there. She isn’t part of our pack yet and I don’t want her there.’ Elias mind links me and I huff in annoyance.

I can’t understand how he can do this to his mate! I know he has been looking for his mate for long and decided on Stella in the end as he can't remain mateless all his life. But for once he should think of himself over the pack. 

I know we are made to love our mates, but he won’t select Ava just because she is a rogue and weak and don’t deserve to be our Luna.
I know he won’t be happy with Stella either. He does not love her. And I can clearly see as a day that he cares for Ava. I also know that he won't confess, as Stella is stronger than Ava and a better wolf for being a Luna.

“Sorry Ava but Elias asked me not to bring you there” I apologize and I look at her but surprised to see no reaction on her face. Absolutely nothing reflects on her face! But she was just so cheerful a few minutes ago! Ava nods and turns back towards the pack house. Eric, our beta comes to me and we walk  towards the clearing.

Elias is standing on the platform and the two rogues are standing in front of him openly glaring at Elias. 

I hate rogues; no I don’t mean Ava. She is good but rogues in general are bad news. They do not respect anyone and do not bow in front of any Alpha.

I walk and stand beside Elias as other pack members come and stand on the ground creating a circle. Everyone looks towards the rogues with fear as they bought the message of war.

“Bow” Elias commands as the rogues continue glaring at him.
Our pack warriors are holding the two rogues from behind so they behave. Both rogue’s hands are tied behind their back by silver, yet they refuse to fall on their knees or bow.

“I said bow down!” Elias commands again increasing his volume but still they don’t budge.
Elias nods and the warriors place a silver knife at their throat. But to my awe they still don’t budge. None of them speak anything nor bowing.

Then all of a sudden they fall on their knees and bow down their heads, Elias chuckles and then stops with confusion on his face. That’s because the rogues have turned their head and body a bit and is facing away from Elias and bowing, but to whom? We all turn our head and see Ava standing on the left side of the clearing. The rogues fully turn and bow down their head in respect towards her.

WTF!? Why are they bowing their heads in front of her?
Then the Ava standing in front of us disappears completely and we can see a completely a different Ava standing in her place. She reflects power, not that happy cheerful vibe she was reflecting minutes ago. There is a powerful vibe around her. I look at her in awe as Elias looks uncertain. He is irritated and then a tiny teeny bit of proud. I smile at him.

Ava steps forward and walks towards us and comes to stand on the platform beside us. And right now she looks like a female version of Elias, so serious and calm. If I didn’t have seen her laughing before probably right now I wouldn’t have thought that she knows how to smile, so serene, calm and powerful.