#29 The Power Discovered

A/N
Ques. Who is your favorite character so far? Except our lead character?

Mine is Mischaand maybe Eric too and yeah, Kael too.. Oh I can't pick favourite. You tell me. XD

*****

The silence prevailing in my pack scared me for a second but then again I'm not surprised. Only the warriors and other important authorities will be present for now, rest everyone must be in our safe hide outs as I instructed.

The moment I enter in the pack the scene in front of me explains the concerns of Beta Ron; Humans not just one but many. We can smell their distinct smell from a distance and here the humans are present in every direction. I sigh. It's going to be a long day. Too much work. I turn to my side and for a second the man actually surprised me.

Gone is the sweet chuckling guy I know as my long lost brother, in his place is a very serious man with hard features marring his face and a slight twitch on the left side of his face?

“I had an idea about the situation in your pack, but this is worst.” he comments calmly but a hint of anger is present in his voice.

“Relax. It's not the first time we are dealing with humans. Every year lot of students comes here for camping or learning about wild species or because of some projects”

Kael shakes his head showing his disagreement. “This is different Cara. They are not here for some high school project or for the weekend camps, they are here for You, remember?”

I don't even bother correcting him now when he calls me 'Cara' instead of Ava.

“I had an idea about it.” I reply trying to console myself with these words. “I know the real reason why these humans are here.” I sigh and Kael places his hand on my shoulder.

“I am here. We all are here to protect you. Everyone in your pack loves you and will fight tooth and nail for you. Don't feel alone. You don't need to console yourself with these words. It's time to fight. And right now, we should get going before they find the jackpot standing beside me. I'm not ready to fight all of them together you know.” He smirks and I playfully punch him on his shoulder.

“I know a secret path way towards the pack house and they won't be able to see us. Follow me.” I command and he raises a brow at me.

“Of course, whatever the Alpha says shall we?"

***
“Alpha.” Beta Ron acknowledges me as I walk inside our pack house. They all look at me and then at Kael.

“Is that your mate Alpha?” Christie my main female warrior asks pointing towards Kael.

“Oh no.” I cough loudly placing my hand on my chest. “He isn't my mate. He is…. Ummmm….my brother..” I answer hesitantly and Christie's eye widens at my reply.

“Your brother?” Christie asks at the same time Beta Ron asks “You have a brother?” and I nod slowly.

Kael steps ahead in front of Ron sticking out his hand. “I'm Kael Brown. Cara's, I mean Ava's elder brother. And you are?” Ron takes his hand in a firm handshake and introduces himself and then introduces other people present in pack house.