#12 The Tale Of Demise.

The only thing I was running from, I had no idea will catch me so bad. Thinking about myself, I forgot to care about everyone else.
I am so selfish. It is easy to catch my scent on Rachel. She has been living with me for what ten years? How can I leave her unprotected, when I knew there is trouble.

But I thought they aimed at me, I didn't know they'll play it dirty. I had no idea!
I am the one to be blamed for Rachel's death. Throughout her life, she gave me love, protection. She fed me, helped me. Trained me. And this is how I repay her?

By leading my problems directly towards her?

I killed her! I did! I should have saved her. I was late. I left her unprotected. I knew they were coming behind me but they go to Rachel just to pass me the message that 'they can get me whenever they want', defines how horrible they are.

I can't stay anywhere. Wherever I'll go, I'll just bring trouble! Why can't everyone understand that and leave me Alone!

Leaving Dia there, alone, by herself. Has been the toughest job but I know I need to get away from them. I can't bring more trouble in their lives. I can't!

I punch the wall Infront of me but that doesn't makes me feel the pain. I am so numb. Damn I want to feel pain! Anything other than this guilt. I punch it again, my knuckles return bloodied but it dosnt hurt as bad as my heart hurts.

How to release it!

"You know crying helps." A soft voice says from behind me as I don't need to turn to know who is standing there.

I try to ignore his voice and punch the wall again. But the keyword is 'try'.
He doesn't let me. He is faster than me and holds my fist in his hand.

"Don't Ava. Crying isn't bad. That will help you. Don't hurt yourself." He whispers as he holds my wrist and jerks me forward. He places my hand around his waist and with his other hand holds my head and brings it down on his chest.

Without thinking, I bury my head in his chest, hugging him tightly.
This feels like home. I feel safe. Protected with him. I don't want to leave his safety.

But reality slaps me hard. Even he will get in trouble if I don't stop it. No! I can't bear loosing him. No! I mentally scream as I try to release myself from his hold but he doesn't even budges rather he holds me even more tight if that's possible.

"Stop struggling Ava, just this once, let me hold you. My wolf needs you to be closer. Please." He says softly against the skin of my forehead as he places a kiss on my forehead and then keeps his chin on my head.

I nod slowly. He has no idea, how much I need him. I need him. For so many years I have been alone and I don't want to be alone but did fate leave me with any choice?

But I stop struggling. My wolf needs him just as much as his wolf needs me.

We stay in the same position for a long time till I feel my eyes watering and I find myself lost in memories of Rachel.
I cry softly, freely for once without worrying that he will think that I am weak. No he won't. I cry to take down my guilt. I cry till I feel a wet patch on his shirt and it's then I realise I have cried for so long.

He rocks us lightly back and forth but doesn't speaks which I am very grateful for, I am in no mood of talking right now.

When he feels that I have stopped crying he places another kiss on my forehead and then on my cheeks and then on both of my eyes.
I vaguely remember when he scooped me up in his arms and carried me towards the car.

He slid next to me in the back seat and places my head on his lap slowly stroking my hair.

I am much sober now and honestly I feel much better. Elias didn't leave me and kissed me whenever he liked. But his kisses were soft bringing me back to reality, to him, making me feel loved and cherished.