#34 The Countdown - Day Twelve

Surprise, Surprise! Here you go another update because I'm so close to 100k! Can you believe that? I don't know why you guys keep coming here and reading this thing (I cringe every time I read my chapters) but thankyou so much for it.

And special thanks to all those readers who leave such motivating and heart warming comments after reading and they compell me to write ahead and update sooner.

#32 in Werewolf? That's the highest rank this book achieved up to now! Thanks for this too guys!

Enough of my rant. You may read it now. XD

Don't forget to share your views! Show Ava some love!

*****

“So you are like wolf version of secret agent?” I question; my leg dangling in the air and the tip of my feet touching the cool water of the surface. 

“You can say that… I just don't discuss this for obvious reasons. But now there are more than five people who know about me” he sighs and pulls his leg up on the deck and wraps his arm around his legs and places his head on his knee.

His blue jeans is folded and bunched up near his knee exactly as mine. We are right now sitting on a deck near a lake in my pack. 

“I understand, that's a tough job”

“It is” he nods in agreement. “My life is always on line. That's why I don't get close to anyone. I am dangerous to anyone near me” he mumbles and his voice drops an octave with emotions and I gently place my hand on his shoulder comforting him. 

“I am there” I assure and he raises his head and smiles giving me a side glance. 

“Should I tell you a secret?” he questions with a mischievous glance and I nod. 

“I have a friend. I know her but she does not”

“What does that mean?” I scrunch up my forehead in confusion.

“I met this girl way before and she is human and I was in wolf form. Long story short she knows me as a wolf. And if you ask me, she is the only friend I have” he trails off at the last line and then looks away from me looking straight towards the lake. 

“Hey she isn't the only one, you have an awesome sister too” he smiles sadly and clutches a little rock in his hand. 

“Except the only girl I wanted to be with me is…” he leaves the sentence hanging and throws a rock in water. It dribbles thrice before it drowns down in water. 

I tear my gaze from water and turn it towards my brooding brother. 

“Kael, about May...” 

“Sorry Cara I am still not comfortable in discussing her” he speaks cutting me off and gets up. 

Looking down at me he smiles softly and places his jacket on my shoulder. 

“I have to go you can enjoy your ‘me time’ I won't disturb” he finishes and I chuckle softly waving at him. 

‘Me Time’, Yeah, that's something I do ever since I was a child. Plugging in my earphone with music in low volume and thinking what I do. It also helps me clear my mind and make the right decisions and think about myself to. It is an activity I cherish a lot. And I'm not surprised that Kael knows about it. Stalking Brother I shake my head and smile. 

I plug in my earphones and play the last track l was listening earlier. It is Roses by Chain-smoker. I bend down and place my forefinger in water while smiling softly. I was once a hydrophobic but now I feel serene and relaxed around water. It calms me. I look around and smile at my personal training ground.