#50 The Creature Borned

Once again I take a look at the battlefield before looking the other way, satisfied with the scene in front. I see Kael now fighting with Alpha Ren and it gives me immense satisfaction for some reason. It feels like my brother is avenging for me through this fight. Alpha Ren is old and weak. His wolf lacks movement and swiftness. If not supported by one of Aaron's warrior, Ren would have lost his battle against Kael very before.

To my right I see my mate fighting with Alpha Chris of Nightfall pack and Xander's wolf attacking Alpha Garrett of Moonlit pack.

Before I could look for others, my eyes make contact with Alpha of Blood Moon pack Mason. I remember him from the day of the fest. I never liked him.  He stands rigid at his place and smiles down scornfully at me before I see him elongating his claw and using it to puncture the neck of Xander's warrior fighting beside him. He retracts his hand and throws away the warrior's body making it slide all over the battlefield and finally landing against a beaten dead body.

I close my eyes in regret but before I could shift or react, I see Mason covering up the distance. He jumps and I see him moving slowly as his right leg lifts and his knee comes in front of my face. Blocking the kick Mason threw at me using my left hand, I attack his thigh making him fall down on his knees.

Before I could make a move, he grabs my arm twisting it behind me and holding me in choke hold. I roughly head butt him making him lose his grip on my body and quickly swivel around pushing him. Mason sneers wiping the blood off his mouth with the back of his palm and changes into his wolf and pounces. I land on my back with the Mason on me. Mason digs my shoulder with both of his paws with his claws digging into me rendering unable to move my upper body.

Without giving him another second, I fold both of my legs and bring my knees close to my chest; giving them enough momentum needed I push the wolf off me before he could bite my neck. Swinging mid air I shift quickly into my wolf form and push Lena taking the charge of our wolf form.

I see Mason's wolf growling in displeasure. I eye the wolf coming towards me and notice his movements as he runs towards me. I notice his right hind legs which is now hanging against his body, the injury must have occurred due to the fall. Eyeing his right hand I move to my left swiftly and jump gracefully against the wolf and sink my teeth into the flesh of his injured paws. Mason growls even louder before jerking his body against me. The jerk resulted into me sliding off of him. Mason shakes his wolf head wildly and jumps on me clawing on my chest. Using my hind limbs I dig deep inside the nearest part of his body making him fall down on his back.

I jump up and dig my canines in his neck. Mason tries to shake me off but my hold on his neck is strong. He shakes violently as my canines tear through his flesh and reach its destination. The gush of blood releases violently through his body through the huge wound on his neck and I bury my canines as long as I feel his body shaking against me.

After a moment I release the corpse of Alpha Mason and suddenly there's eerie silence in the battlefield. I stand, taking support of the ground and recover my breath before taking a look around.

All of the Mason's warriors were standing like statue at their previous positions and as quick as they sense my eyes on them, they fall down on their knees one by one, bowing their neck in submission to their new Alpha ‘Me’.

The moon casts a dark red glow on us and that makes me realize that it's about to be dark. The moon changes its color all so suddenly and everyone stills at the change in the atmosphere.

I take a last look at the moon changing its shade before it turns blurry. My body waves around the cool breeze of the night sky and swaying, I try to grab something to stand but I fall on my knees.

Everyone's attention is on the powerful zeal all around us. The energy that is coursing around us was unlike anything we have seen.

The battlefield suddenly feels nice and warm as if calling me and I want to touch it. I raise a hand to touch the land, my fingertips just inches away from it and all of a sudden I feel heavy weight on me and I collapse on the ground face first and breathe in the dirt of the field.

The weakness engulfs me all over again but this time its worst than earlier. I turn my head and find that my previous assumption of the battlefield is wrong.

Everyone is not waiting and looking at the moon. They had not stopped fighting. I see my mate somewhere in between. It feels as if everything is normal except me. But on the other side, it feels as if they are in a parallel universe where everything is same as before.

Why can't they see me? Why can't he feel me? I feel the blood gushing out of me through all the wounds that are courtesy of Alpha Mason. I try to mind link Kael or Elias or Ron but I am simply not able to.