#38 The Countdown- Day Ten

So TTA was ranked #24 in werewolf on Sunday. I can't describe the feeling I had when I saw it among the books having million reads. That day TTA was the only book which had around 100K reads out of those top 25 and I was so happy!
Like thank you guys so much for the reads and votes and comments. ❤
I love You all So much!

***

"You knew about this didn't you?" I question and he looks away from me.

"Let's get out of here" Elias urges and I swat his chest pushing him away.

"I didn't want you to worry Ava."

"You should have told me" I shout cutting him off and turning my back on him.

I face the corpse of Alex which is still bound with the sliver ropes his head lying down on the ground; his eyes open his mouth has formed an 'o'. The last word he was trying to speak.

I look at Ron silently commanding him to take care of Alex's body and get it out of the room.

I don't know where is this all aggression coming from?
I have never been one to take rash decisions or lose my patience so easily. I don't know what is happening to me, I am behaving like a hormonal teenager.

"Ava" Elias calls and I simply ignore him walking away to god knows where. "Ava" he calls again, breathless this time as he comes next to me.

"Where do you think you are going?" he asks and I shrug slowing down my pace.

"Let's go home" he says and I finally face him.

"Why did you hide that the other packs are going against me Elias? I have the right to know that."

"I know baby, I am sorry. But you were so stressed and then you went into coma and my wolf didn't want me to tell you. He is on edge and much more protective of you now than he was before." he explains and I sigh turning away.

"I have a penthouse here. Let's go there."

"Don't you need to go back to your pack?" I question bitterly and his forehead creases looking at me. He shakes his head and leans a bit coming down to my height.

"I use to stay away from pack whenever I have to handle the business here. Eric can take care of pack for the time being and you my mate are coming with me" he states firmly and without waiting for my reply he simply bends down and carries me in bridal style with me squealing and squirming in his arms.

He walks towards the car and nods at Ron. A silent understanding passes between the two and then he puts me down on the car seat and closes the door. He rounds the car and gets inside the driver seat, with one last look at Ron he puts the key in ignition and drives away from Alex's house.

***

"Here is our penthouse. That is the way to our parking spot and private elevators. I suggest you not to use the public elevators..-" Elias continues on but I am stuck at one word.

"Ours?"

He nods and takes my hand walking towards the elevator. "After we mark each other this will be ours" he explains and we enter inside the elevator.

My heart free falls in my stomach as the elevator lifts up and I control the huge smile that's threatening to form on my face.

A second before I was angry, what is happening to me? I am being so mercurial.

Inside the elevator he pulls me to him so close that out sides are touching and holds me around the waist as he scrolls through his phone. I look away and hide my smile when my brain finally registers what he meant.