#9 The Emerging Luna

I would like to dedicate the chapter to hina6june for commenting her support and of course kokokomal for being a loyal reader and for keeping me motivated. Thank you!

AVA

I groan as I wake up. I can't sleep more than five hours even if I want to. It's like a personal body clock, which wakes me up everyday exactly at the same time. As always I step into the shower though I know after practice I will have to shower again but I feel sweaty after last night. Last night?
Oh my! It all comes rushing back to me, my first kiss! Damn it!

After our incident the way back to home was quiet and tense. Mischa sensed that something was different between us; whereas Stella was just Stella lost in her future title. And we made home quicker than expected and I rushed to my room.

Now that I think, how will I face him now? I didn’t have any idea that this would happen, what changed? I still can't be his mate, even if I want. And these feelings which are not supposed to arise are now on full swing! I need to control myself before I get both of us in trouble.

I step out of the shower and change into a black sports bra and leggings for practice. I take the sundress that I decided to wear after the practice and place it in my bag and make way towards the riverside.

The riverside reminds me of my pack. The soft breeze hits me and I feel refreshed even though I just took bath now and it lifts up my mood. This is why I wake up early every day just to feel this peace inside my head. It’s just heaven for me.

I start my practice with normal exercises when I hear a loud roar coming from the other side of the river. With my extra sensitive vision, I make out two figures on the opposite end.  But what puts me into action is that one of them looks rather small and without thinking for another second I quickly swim to the other side of the river. It's then that I understand the situation.
In front of me is a wolf which has red eye with no pack smell. I can easily tell it is a rogue but what surprises me is that this rogue is attacking a little girl of no more than seven or eight. She looks frightened and is shivering.

“Get away from her” I roar the rogue turns around so does the little girl. The rogue growls and I almost smile as he doesn't know that I rule over people like him. I am an expert at fighting rogues.

I shift quickly as the rogue lunges at me. I stand still in my spot waiting for right moment.
The rogue comes at me with his mouth open to tear me apart with his canines, as he comes closer I jump away and tear his skin from neck using my claws. Flabbergasted he turns and uses his forelimb to roll me over before he again tries to attack my neck.

This is going to be easy. I let him come closer to me and dig my claws deep inside his skin and throw him off me. He lands against the tress but tries to stand again and fails miserably. I must agree he is one strong rogue and had been quite a competition for me.
That's when I step ahead and growl at him. He bows a bit and shows me his neck, a sign of submission. My wolf gets satisfied and calms down.

I turn around and spot the girl hiding behind a tree, once she sees me looking at her she runs towards me and hugs me clutching my fur in her small hands. I place my head against her and lick her consoling her.

I hear a commotion and look around and find it is coming from other side of the river. I can see Elias, Stella, Ron and few other pack warriors standing there. They all swam and come this side. My mate comes towards me holding my gym bag. The pack warriors tie the rogue’s hand and take him. I shift back to my human form behind a tree and mentally thank myself for placing that sundress in my bag.

“Izzy!” Stella shouts as she runs towards the little girl. At the same time I come out from behind the tree.

The little girl looks up at Stella and then me and runs towards me hugging my legs hiding her face and clutching on to me as tight as she can. The little girl is shivering with fear and starts sobbing. I squat down and hold her in my arms softly rubbing her shoulder.

“Ssshhh... It’s alright you are safe now. I am here no one will hurt you, okay” I cradle her head against my chest and wrap my arms against her as she hugs me tightly and nods.

“Let's go Izzy” my mate says as he steps ahead but the girl suddenly shivers and hugs me even tightly. It's then I look up to see hurt Stella and a very confused Elias.

“Hey what is your name sweetie?” I ask softly as she has stopped crying hysterically but sob every few seconds.

“Isabella” she whispers her voice hoarse from crying. I stand carrying the girl in my arms; she buries her head in my neck and sobs softly as I carry her and walk around the lake towards the pack house around.

“My name is Ava” I tell her as she nods and hugs me.

“Thank you” a voice says from behind and for the second time in a day I'm surprised, because it is Stella who is doing the
thanking.

“She is my sister. She loves swimming and so she comes here often. I had no idea she will be here so early” Stella explains as she walk with me towards the pack house.

The little girl is relaxed against my body and I know that she is sleeping. I look at her and kiss her forehead.

“I will take her to her room” Stella tells as she looks worriedly towards the girl. I nod and pass the girl to her.

Stella walks ahead but turns and smiles at me and says “I am sorry. I know I have been rude to you” and without waiting for my reply she scurries away. It must be difficult for her to be good to someone, but I am still shocked with her change of behavior.

“I don't know how you do it, but you seem to attract every people towards you and bring out the good in them. Should I be jealous?” my mate asks his voice controlled and calm as he comes to me making me blush as last night incident crosses my mind.

“Jealous? Why?” I ask

“Because you attract everyone and I want you all for myself” he states looking directly in my eyes.

“I… I... have to go” I stutter as I step away from him but before I can leave he holds my wrist and stops me.

“Stop running away from me, from us, from this and what we have. I am not letting you go Ava and its better if you accept it. I will try till end to make you my Luna” he finishes as he look at me trying to find answers.

“I am not running away. I am saving you and me; you won't get it. Stop making it difficult for me.” I shout. He flinches but does not show his hurt on his face.

“What is it Ava? What are you hiding? I will help you” he says his voice a bare whisper as he steps towards me closing the distance between us and kisses my forehead. He waits for my answer for few minute then sensing that I won't be replying he shakes his head a little and says “Thank you for what you did today”

“You shouldn't thank me for it. Anyone would have done the same thing”

“Hmmm… but fighting a rogue, a rogue that strong alone? Is something 'not everyone will do'” he says gently.

“Ah ha… fighting with rogues is my specialty, don't give me credit more than I deserve” I comment looking up into his eyes which are filled with love, admiration and pride.

“Let's go we have work to do with that rogue” I say as I pull away from him and immediately start missing the heat.

“We!? I will go and enquire, that's my job”

“I am good with rogues, you won't get anything out of him” I cut him off as he almost smiles and nods and then interlaces our fingers as we make our way towards the dungeons.
_________