#30 The Paroxysm

A/N
Ques. What is your all time favourite Romantic song?

Mine is 'Mirrors' by Justin Timberlake. ❤ I love the lyrics!
****

"If I am not so creeped out right now I would have said it is so cool."

"You think that's cool; are you for real Kael! I'm never going to do it again!" I shout and slump down on my chair pulling my legs against my chest.

"Yeah it hurts a bit I agree, but think of the other benefits. We can get any information out of anyone and anything; look at the big picture here."

"Oh shut it. I am not doing it" a knock on the door distracts us from our bickering.

"Alpha" Nick knocks and peeps in when I nod he walks in followed by Christie.

"So what's the situation?" I question standing up straight.

"There are around ten doctors and five guards, there seems a leader who is directing them and in full charge of this research team. If we can somehow convince this man, we can make all of them leave"

"Perfect" Kael chirps in between and I glare in his direction.

"What about the weapons?" I ask.

"No Lethal weapon" Christie reports and runs her hand through her soft blonde curls.

"And..."  I question sensing some discomfort in her features.

"I think they are aware of your presence in the pack and now are more alert than ever. They can attack any moment, though they have very low amount of wolfs bane and silver but...."

"But they are just humans! We are wolves! Better and stronger, why are you people so worried?" Kael interrupts and I blow off some air from my mouth in exasperation.

"Because I have trained them not to underestimate anyone I mean anyone. You lose the battle when you are over confident."  I explain waving my hand in air.

"This way we not only concentrate on the fight but prevent any possible damage too" Christie explains further and I nod.

Nick sniffs loudly and we all turn to face him. He is standing at a distance but he looks highly uncomfortable.

"Nick, are you alright?" Christie questions and before she can reach to him he flinches back; his eyes are turning black and then he blinks controlling himself quickly.

"I have to go" He mumbles and leaves the room.

"What was that?" Kael question suspiciously looking at the door. I simply shrug in reply and turn towards Christie.

"Today we fight against the humans; I have a new found power just today and we are going to try it on humans and see if it works. If it works then we won't have to fight today and if not we have to be ready to fight. Tell all the warriors to be ready and on guard, I want guards around the pack house guarding without letting even a fly going in and coming out. And I want a selected team of warriors with me" I instruct and Christie nods.

"I need some rest" Kael yawns and stands up.

"Yeah I am tired too. I just came back home after a lot of drama its tiring and upon that this journey was rather tiresome thanks to someone" I jab at Kael just for fun and he mock glare me.

"Your room is ready Alpha and I will ask one of the maids to show Kael the guest room?" Christie asks and I nod.

After they leave I settle back on my chair going through the paperwork and the details I have missed. I can't slack behind, especially not when my pack could be in danger. I need to know that everything is running smoothly and I am glad to know that Beta Ron did an exemplary job in my absence. He hardly left anything for me. Everything is perfectly managed and detailed just the way I like.
The best Beta ever; I am telling you I got lucky in the Beta department.