#24 The Sacred Moon

AVA

Slowly Keeva makes her way towards me and stood in front of me. I felt as if time has slowed down and it’s only me and Keeva there. But I am aware of the presence of my mate who is still demanding my attention but I am too busy solving another mystery.

“Cara” she whispered again. I repeat the name again and again in my mind to recall where I have heard it, then parts of Elias's conversation comes in my mind.

“She has been doing that for long. Since the day she came here, she keeps shouting 'Cara', but we know nothing about her."

"She is hiding something or someone. But we don't know why?”

And it doesn't take me long to understand the situation. I am somehow related to her past. As I come to this conclusion I see Keeva’s face suddenly going blank and she stops. I am confused and look at her scrunching my forehead only to come to an eye to eye contact with a brown eyed man behind her.

The man has his face covered by a black piece of cloth; from his appearance he looks like he is in his mid twenties. And from the look of his body he is heavily built. There is no need to know what his rank is; anyone can sense the presence of a warrior wolf by their distinct smell.

“We don’t have time for this. We need to leave.” the man whispers. If I have not have the special hearing ability, I would have definitely missed what he said plus I recognize his voice now.  After all I was the one who was eavesdropping on their conversation earlier. I didn’t know how I didn't figure it out before that the female voice belonged to Keeva!

“Ava?” Elias calls me and I finally tear my gaze away from them and look at my mate only to stumble back at the sight in front of me.

“Elias! At least cover yourself!” I shout slapping my hands on my eyes covering my eyes.

He chuckles and asks one of his men to bring him shorts. As I turn I realize that the sky has turned into a very light orange color and the darkness has slowly started to engulf all the light. It will be night very soon. But that didn’t catch my attention I am searching for Keeva and the masked guy. Where are they? Where did they go? I quickly walk towards the place where I last saw Keeva and the brown eyed man but I can’t find them or their scent. It's like they vanished in the thin air.

But I will meet again very soon of that I am very sure.

Someone places their hand on my shoulder and I know that person is Elias.
I cautiously allow my gaze to drop down his body and release a relaxed sigh.

“Why so jumpy? And what is going on here?” He questions and looks behind him over his shoulder.

“Eric has hold of Xander and he already submitted. Can you believe it? He submitted to us without the fight?” Elias asks and I close my eyes to calm myself down and nod and say “I'll explain you.”

//___\\

“Mischa” I call as I find her coming out from one of the room in Xander's pack house.

“We need to talk” she looks at me and nods giving a wary glance towards the door of the room where she just came from.

“Do you know something about Xander that we don't Mischa? Why did you help him? What is the reason?” I question and before she can answer anything the door of the room opens and a man comes out of it and he walks towards us and stands beside Mischa and says “I am the reason.”

“Ava this is Rikon, beta of Xander's pack and my... mate.” she explains looking up at me and fidgeting with the hem of her shirt as she speaks.