Chapter 29

"I can't wear this. We're going to have to find something different."

My hands struggled to grip at any part of the material wrapped around me in order to strip myself of the dress Valentina had handed to me. Dresses really weren't something I felt comfortable enough in to leave the house in, especially when we were going to a party where guys felt the dire need to touch girls whenever they felt necessary.

"What's wrong with jeans anyway?" I held up the black, high waisted pair I had planned to wear in the first place, but Valentina soon replaced them in my hands with a pair of blue ones, ripped more than they should've. "Half of them are missing."

"That's the point, just put them on." She began searching around the mess of clothing she had made in Tyler's guest room where the three of us were getting ready. "And this!" She handed me a red, vinyl cropped top to piece together the outfit, which I also struggled to get on.

However, once I was dressed, I was pleasantly surprised at my reflection in the mirror. Valentina had helped with straightening my hair, allowing it to fall flawlessly down past my shoulders with my subtle make up matching the outfit.

"Wow." Tyler's voice was the first to be heard as all the boys walked in at Valentina's announcement of us being ready. Harvey hit him up the side of his head as I laughed and attempted to distract myself by playing with my nails.

Josh, however, remained more quiet than I'd have liked him to. Yet I would catch his wandering eyes every couple seconds that would escape his mind and land on me. He grinned to himself before taking a long swig of the beer in his hand.

However, I had to yet to realise that there was now a thickness in the air with everyone, causing Harvey to let out a sigh in order to break it apart. "Are we going to leave or are we just going to let Tyler continue drooling over Savannah?"

A deep crimson colour took over my cheeks, thankfully hidden by the make up as I followed everyone out to the cars.

Tom and April had been chosen as designated drivers thankfully, causing the rest of us to scramble for a seat in whichever car we could get to. But as if luck had chosen to not be on my side tonight, I was pressed up against Josh on one side and Tyler on the other. "This is cosy." Tyler had to mention as I felt myself grow even more uncomfortable between them both.

I looked up at April through the rear view mirror as she simply sent me a wink, misunderstanding the situation more than I had thought.

It was only a short drive to whoever happened to be throwing the house party, but in that time, I had grown to realise who would be there. I hadn't exactly made best of friends with Isabella, and on top of that, I always had Ryan in the back of my mind to worry about seeing as he was back from football season.

However, once we'd arrived, the actual party itself was a lot more quiet than we had all expected. But we all walked in nevertheless to the pounding music against the walls with a much smaller number of guests than usual.

I smiled nervously across at Valentina as the party as a whole was pretty tame without so much of a drinking game in sight. "Is Ryan going to be here?" I asked to whoever happened to be beside me, and of course, it was Josh.

In addition, it probably didn't help that Josh was the last person to beat Ryan in a fight at the pits.

He nodded slowly before moving a little closer to me, an action that didn't go unnoticed, especially by Valentina and April.