Chapter 34

Although we had all mastered and perfected the task of getting in late and not getting caught coming back from a party by Miss Johnson, it was soon to become even more interesting when she could be heard making her way down the hall and waking up each female room as Mr Fallon did the same for the boys.

My arms shot out in front of me, only to be halted by the harsh wall that was Josh. He stretched out from the impact, realising that our legs were intertwined as he pulled himself up with little to no urgency.

"Savannah, April, it's your morning wake up call."

I panicked with the sound of Miss Johnson's voice as I basically pushed him underneath the sheets that had grown tangled through the night.

She pressed the door handle down just as Josh had managed to hide beside me, hopefully away from the view of Miss Johnson once she stepped inside. "Good morning." Her voice was like an interruption to life itself as she appeared from behind the door.

"Oh." She stepped back slightly, not having realised that I was still in bed and that April wasn't beside me. "Where's April?" She threw her hands onto her hips and scoured the room for the strawberry blonde girl that was probably doing the exact same thing as Josh in the room across.

"She's in the bathroom." I pointed casually, as to pretend that she was most definitely in there.

However, just as I smiled confidently, I felt the sudden movement of Josh beside me, followed by the warm skin of his hand, pressing against my knee.

My eyes widened in apprehension as I attempted to move my hand under the sheets and push his hand away. But my struggle only caused his hand to move it's way higher, almost reaching a place I didn't want him anywhere near at this precise moment.

Miss Johnson simply nodded and searched the room again with her usual nosiness. "We are leaving in an hour, make your way downstairs into the lobby once you're both ready."

With that, she escaped back out of the room again.

"Do you have a death wish?" I immediately whisper-shouted, aware that Miss Johnson had only just left the room and would most likely be lingering around the door before leaving again.

I pulled up the sheet with him underneath, only to reveal the smirk that so easily pissed me off yet turned me on all at the same time. It was also the same point that I'd realised his hand was still rested on my thigh, causing a flurry of thoughts to enter my mind.

"Just living life on the edge." I let out a small laugh and attempted to pull myself up from the bed.

However, his arms caught me before I could escape, suddenly pulling me underneath him and balancing himself above me. His knee was pressed down between my legs, disabling the ability to clench my thighs together from his singular touch.

His voice turned slightly more serious as I was met with his intense gaze above me, causing me to easily forget about the fact that I had yet to brush my teeth.

"I hope you meant what you said last night."

"And what did I say last night?" I teased with a small grin, instinctively wounding my arms round his shoulders and pulling him closer. I had no idea what was happening between us, but there was no reason for me to complain.

He sealed the answer by leaning down and pressing a light kiss onto my lips, just before moving his direction and peppering kisses down my jaw and onto the side of my neck.

A slight moan escaped my lips at his touch, igniting a fire beneath my skin and bringing goosebumps to the particular area he was now working on.

"Good morning, love birds!"