Chapter 43

Joshua Parker

"Wakey, wakey, love birds."

I automatically wanted the floor to open up and swallow me whole when the first face I would see this morning was Harvey's and not Savannah's.

With the instinct to roll over away from him, I'd only now realised that my arm was still rested around Savannah's waist as she began to wake up from Harvey's incessant noises. "Should've locked the door." I mumbled to myself, only for him to shove me slightly and make his way back to his bed where Valentina was now sitting up in.

"I don't think you have a leg to stand on, Harv." She spoke from her position as I watched Savannah sit up properly, realising exactly where she was. Valentina seemed to notice her slight confusion, using it as an excuse to leave. "We'll meet you both downstairs for breakfast."

Harvey looked confused himself until Valentina scrunched her eyebrows to him and pulled him away until they were out the door.

"Good morning." My voice was slightly hoarse, and I could tell that Savannah was still thinking about the events of last night. Her eyes would always widen slightly when she was recalling something, a habit I'd learnt from her a long time ago.

"Morning." She finally smiled, something I had missed seeing completely.

Before she could move from the bed, I sat closer and pressed my palm against her cheek. "Nope," she hesitated from my position and held a hand over her lips, signalling that she didn't want me near her breath in the morning.

Shaking my head, I pushed her hand away and kissed her quickly, holding the back of her head gently. "I think we should probably go down for breakfast before they start thinking we're doing something else." She raised her eyebrows but simply pressed another swift kiss against my lips and escaped out of my grasp.

Ever since I'd met Savannah, I'd attempted to push her away with every chance I could get. But soon, that pushing away had turned into doing it because I wanted her.

For someone with plenty of experience, I was lacking in how to treat someone like Savannah, especially with how much I had grown to like her. Soon, it became torturous to be around her with how I felt, which meant that I didn't want to be near her anymore.

"Before I go," she stopped before the door, turning and resting her hands on the bed. I scratched the back of my head from where I was sat, unsure as to what she was going to say, "what is this?" She pointed between us. "And don't be confusing this time."

"This time?" She lifted her eyebrows again and I knew not to question it. "I'm not sure what we are at the moment. But, I do like you, and I want to see where this goes."

By now I was closer to her, sitting at the edge of the bed with her finding her way between my legs and standing above me. "I guess I'm happy with that." I kissed her again, craving her lips at every moment when my eyes were drawn down to them.

When she finally left the room, I gave my manhood a chance to calm itself down slightly by attempting to think of anything but Savannah for a few minutes.

We both joined again to walk down for breakfast, only for my hand to find hers on the way to the elevator, wrapping our fingers together perfectly. "I think I like this side of you." She grinned and held onto my arm with her other hand, comforting me even more to know she was there.