Chapter 46

There was comfortable silence floating between all of us as we made our way out of the airport, separating away again to drive back home late at night. "See you all on Monday." Tyler spoke with sunglasses on that he had yet to take off since leaving Cabo.

It was pretty evident that almost everyone in the group was still more hungover than they had ever been, apart from Josh and I. We'd send each other occasional looks, slyly leaving touches here and there, reminding us of the intimate night we had shared.

There was a slight pain still prominent between my legs, but I'd managed to ignore it for the time being, knowing that I'd be spending the rest of my weekend in bed, ignoring what had now somewhat changed about my body.

The rest of us dispersed to our respective vehicles, Josh, Harvey and I finding the car somewhere in the fully filled parking lot. "You good to drive?" Harvey mentioned from the passenger seat, adjusting himself to get comfortable enough for a nap.

"I don't see any volunteers if I'm not." I laughed halfheartedly before resting my own head against the car door, preparing to catch up on the sleep I had thankfully missed last night.

"You'll be fine." Harvey whispered to himself mostly as he'd already closed his eyes for the journey. I watched as Josh sent me a knowing wink through the rear view mirror, just as my eyes fluttered closed and darkness took me to another place.

"See you Monday."

Harvey's faint call had woken me slowly, just before the door was slammed shut, jerking me awake fully. "Morning princess." Josh joked  as he patted the passenger seat beside him, signalling for me to crawl over.

I rubbed my eyes a little before climbing over the threshold of the car and pulling myself into the seat. "What time is it?" I asked as a yawn escaped my lips.

"Almost 1am."

Nodding, I curled up into the seat, now a little more awake when Josh's hand found my thigh, wrapping itself round my leg. I rested my elbow as I simply watched Josh's features as he drove towards my house. He was so relaxed and calmed compared to how he was with me before, causing the small pit of doubt in my stomach to never go away.

"Are you finished admiring me, Savannah?" He spoke without looking, obviously feeling the heat of my gaze against his skin. "Or am I just too irresistible?"

"You wish."

But I continued to stare, wondering how a boy that looked like him, actually liked me.

"Beth wants to see you again, you know."

My eyes automatically brightened at the thought of Josh's little sister. She was enough to make me grin from ear to ear with the short time that I had known her. "I want to see her again."

"Then we can make it a plan." He winked before turning back to the road, searching various streets until he eventually found mine. "But I can't promise that you'll be spending all your time with Beth." My stomach managed to flutter again at his words, just before he pulled up outside my house.

"I forgot to ask," I spoke as he turned to me, still keeping his hand against my thigh, "how did you know where I lived the first time you dropped me home?" Josh simply furrowed his eyebrows, struggling to recall the time. "I was drunk, and you dropped me off, but you knew where to go."