Chapter 53

"More than anything."

He seemed to be fighting an internal battle between what his head and his heart thought he wanted. All the while, keeping his eyes on me to check I wasn't going to suddenly change my mind, like most of our previous conversations had ended like.

I took the initiative that I knew we both needed as I moved closer and suddenly brought my legs over him, straddling his thighs and pressing my knees down onto either side of him. Our chests were flushed against each other, a position we were all too familiar with.

"But I am not the only person in this, I have to hear that you want this too. Otherwise, there's no point in even trying," I took a deep breath as I looked down into his eyes, "plus, this will be put up there with one of the most humiliating things I have ever done if you don't."

"Even more humiliating than spilling ketchup all over me?" To my surprise, his concealed smirk was back on show as his hands found my waist. Instead of gripping my hips, he wrapped his arms round me, pulling me closer and gazing up into my eyes in the way he'd done before.

"That comes in at a close second."

The sound of his chuckle created a warmth of familiarity through my body. This was the Josh  I knew was there underneath, the one I would see when everyone else was blind to it.

Without hesitation, he switched out our positions, bringing me down onto the bed and lowering himself on top of me. A grin was kept contained against his lips as he seemed to study my features. "What is it?" My voice was hoarse due to the sudden change in posture.

"I just didn't think we'd be in this position again."

My eyes were brought down to where he was rested, notably onto the part of his body pressing even harder against me. "Physically or figuratively?"

I grinned like a child as he leaned down to press a lingering kiss against my lips. He was holding his weight partially yet urging our bodies together, causing my body to respond by wrapping my arms round his shoulders and my legs round his torso. The heat grew between us like an ignited fire, reminding us of how it had been between us before and how much we longed for it again.

It had only just recently dawned on me that the last time we had sex was the first time. And with how gratified I had felt during and after the process, my body yearned for it again, and with our current predicament, I felt the heat pool between my legs with just his touch to my skin.

"Dinner is ready, Josh!" The stern yet short mannered words shouted by Melissa were enough to cool the atmosphere between us, stunning our bodies to the realisation that what we were doing would probably have to wait for a little longer. He outwardly sighed as he threw his body down beside mine.

"I think I'll—"

He simply lifted his finger to my mouth, silencing me with a strict grunt that escaped his lips. "Don't speak, it'll just make it worse."

"Make what worse?" I didn't need Josh to provide an answer when I was able to look down again to the sudden tightness of his sweatpants, "oh."

My heart quickened with just the thoughts of what I could do to him, let alone what he could cause for me. I let out a small giggle with what was now circling my mind, only for his attempts to silence me to continue, "you're making this very difficult."

"I'm not doing anything." I grinned as I turned onto my front, creeping closer to where he was. I cheekily threw my arm over his body, trapping him against my chest. "I just wanted to ask you a question."