Chapter 33

His lips were soft.

Softer than I could have ever imagined.

My body had been pinned against the door by his own as his lips assaulted mine, leaving a trace of goosebumps from my bottom lip, down to my neck.

Everything inside of me was begging to stop, to stop myself from feeling anything other than hatred towards him, but confirmation of how I actually felt was made as soon as his lips touched mine.

My hand tugged at the collar of his shirt, bringing him closer to me, as if there was any distance left between us. His hands were exploring my body from my waist, down to my hips and to my back, caressing my skin at every inch.

The intensity of our kiss grew every second as I suddenly felt the soft pressure of the bed mattress below me, not having realised I'd moved from the door. My fingers found their way into his hair, pulling him closer, deepening the kiss and our bodies pressed closely together.

My brain soon took over as I gently pushed him away, enough to the point that our eyes finally caught each other yet nothing but heavy breathing could be heard between us.

"We—I don't think we should've—"

My voice was barely audible behind the embarrassment I now felt for what I had done, and the lack of understanding as to who had initiated it.

"You're right." He voice was like a stab to the chest. And if I wasn't so dazed by his lips I would've spotted the hint of resignation appear against his features. But like his presence in the room, it had disappeared and the door was slammed shut behind him.

I winced at the sound in my still position on the bed before sitting up and pressing my hands intensely into the wood holding up the mattress.

The last thing I wanted to do was leave the room. But I knew that I was now alone. Josh had kept me company until I had made the fatal mistake of protecting myself and my feelings.

Like a pathetic version of a walk of shame, I swallowed hard and ensured that my hair was back to looking relatively decent before I finally left the room as if nothing had happened. However, that still didn't stop the sinking feeling I experienced when I saw Josh's hair at the bottom of the stairs, seemingly waiting for something.

Or someone.

It took a lot more courage than I had initially assumed as I descended the staircase, my eyes struggling to defer from Josh's stance a few metres away.

Tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, I stepped down beside him, ready for his simple ignorance and assumption that we were to keep the kiss between us.

However, when my eyes met his again, he almost looked and seemed apologetic. As if he'd done something much worse than kissing me or returning the kiss that I had initiated.

"We don't have to tell anyone about this." My voice was once again, a whisper as I waited for his reply.

But I was met with silence.

And that was because when I looked back up, he was no longer standing in front of me.

Instead, I had accidentally turned to see both Josh and Henry basically propping April up with the lack of ability in her legs. Her voice was slurred as she lifted her head slightly to look at me. "Savannah! Where have you been?"