Chapter 8

Youngho was commuting in subways until his motorbike was being checked in the shop. He was fine with it, but at times the train felt too short for him. Sitting in a bus was also uncomfortable for him. That was the only downside. Anything else was okay for him.

He randomly went to Myeongdong to kill his time. Unlucky for him, he walked past a classical music store, with lots of music sheets decorating the front of the shop. From the famous ones like Bach, Chopin or Mozart, to the easiest one for beginners like Hanon, or simply old collection from infamous pianist could be seen from outside.

'Swan Lake' was heard from inside the shop. His hands unconsciously moved on its own, following the notes.

He immediately stopped himself. 'What are you doing?? Seo Youngho, you're not even yourself these days...'

"Son. I can see that you play piano." The shop owner caught him staring at the shop. He smiled at him. "Come and see our collection."

"I'm sorry, but I don't play piano." He bowed lightly and quickly walked away from the store to the next alley.

--

Two coffee mugs clinked in a coffee shop. Nara was having lunch with Youngjin. They sat in silence, contrast to their next table who were having lively conversation.

"How's your life?" Youngjin asked her, breaking the silence.

Nara chewed her lunch. "Just, okay, I think." She looked at him, who was wearing expensive shirt. "You seem fine with your life."

'Damn, Nara. Why did you even ask that?'

"Not really." He laughed awkwardly. "I have lots of work here and there. Still far from okay. I guess."

"Ah, okay."

"So, about what happened to us-"

"Whoa, this fish is delicious. You should try some." Nara changed the subject since she knew that he wanted to talk about their breakup. She didn't want to put a label on what was they doing right now, but she knew she wanted him as her company.

"Nariya, can we start talking about the serious matter now?" He exclaimed. But Nara was looking at somewhere behind his back, toward the cashier. "Nariya?"

"Ji...sung? Right?" She stood up and called him.

The young guy in a high school uniform noticed her. "Nara noona?" He approached her delightfully. But his cheerful expression was toned down a bit after seeing Nara was with a guy he didn't know of.

"You're alone?" Nara was amazed knowing that Jisung was actually in high school, not a fifth grader like she thought.

"I want a hot chocolate then I'm on my way home." Jisung awkwardly nodded at Youngjin. He then used the opportunity to mention Youngho. "Did you go home safe last time? When Youngho hyung walked you."

Youngjin heard a name he had not heard before. Nara was flustered when Jisung mentioned Youngho's name in front of Youngjin. "W-well, sort o-of."

"Too bad he didn't get to drive you home, noona."

"Ah, yes. I did want to go home on my own."

"Is he your boyfriend?" Jisung pointed at Youngjin. Nara quickly held down Jisung's hand.

"It's not nice to point at people's face. But he's not my boyfriend." She saw Jisung's beeper was vibrating. "Your hot choco is ready."

Jisung went to take his hot chocolate and came back to join Nara.

"He's cute." Youngjin said. But one thing Jisung didn't want to hear constantly was that people said he was cute. A frown was displayed on his face.

"I'm sure he's old enough to not being called cute. Right?" Nara cheered him up.

"You're the best, noona." Jisung side-eyed at Youngjin. "Come to Youngho hyung's house again and cook for us. I bet he now has better ingredients than last time."

Youngjin fixed his seat as he heard Jisung's words. "So who is this Youngho hyung anyway?"

"He's my hyung and he's the best."

"I know. He sounds like it. But who is he? What does he-"

"You've met him." Nara cut him. "That tall guy with black leather jacket that night." She secretly wanted him to be jealous and checked his expression.

But he was showing no interest whatsoever. "Ah, that guy."

Nara felt her heart hurt seeing him put no interest in her business. She tried to hold her emotion while Jisung noticed that her facial expression darkened.

"Noona... I'm going home, then. See you." He excused himself and exited the café while biting his drink's straw.

"Cute kid." Youngjin commented.

Nara just sat there not wanting to comment anything he said.

--

Later that night, Nara just stared into the old photo of her and Youngjin. They both looked happy, on the day Nara graduated from high school. It was also Youngjin's 25th birthday. He was 7 years older than her, but she didn't feel like he was older.

"Shouldn't I feel hurt right now? Why don't I feel anything?"

She cried to sleep with the photo crumpled in her hand.