Chapter 17

(Three weeks later)

"Can I have half chicken subway with cola, please?" Nara ordered. The cashier tapped the screen to calculate her order. She gave her the coupon and her card.

"That would be 4,800 won." She swiped the card and handed Nara the buzzer along with her card and receipt. "Wait here for your food. Thank you."

Nara found an empty single seat as her phone vibrated.

Youngho: What are you up to?

She just scoffed. They gotten much closer by the weeks and finally exchanged numbers. But he always acted all caring toward her.

Nara: None of your business.

His reply was quick.

Youngho: *dead*

The text made her chuckled. "This guy, really."

Nara: Don't die first, you have six boys to feed until their graduation.

She laughed typing her own text.

Then that weird feeling came again. She felt like she was cheating. Though she knew perfectly that she wasn't, it didn't feel right for her. 'Why am I giggling while texting some guy? Pull yourself together, Park Nara.'

Youngho: Yes. And an over-thinker girl to take care of :)

Nara couldn't stand this weird feeling so she turned off her phone. "Please make this stop. I don't like this." She said to herself. Then her buzzer vibrated and she immediately went to the cashier to take her food.

She then enjoyed her lunch alone, watching people walking by.

--

Later that night, after few rounds of duet practice with Jinah, Nara went home tired.

"You turn off your phone." A voice said to her. Youngho stood in front of her apartment building with his motorbike. "I'm sorry. It was a joke."

She sighed and walked toward him. "What are you doing here?"

"I want to see you." He shrugged his shoulders. Then took something out of his pocket. "And the boys want you to come to their talent show at school."

He handed a pamphlet. Nara smiled seeing the boys' name on it. "Sure, I will come."

"Have you had dinner?"

"I'm not hungry."

"We're progressing a little, yet you still refuse my offers." Youngho sulked. "I know you're a tough girl. I know. Live a little. I'm curious what are you doing everyday."

Nara's eyes widened. 'He can't find out that I play piano...'

"See? Even that makes you silenced."

"Nothing. I did nothing, just taking walks to get some ideas."

"Liar." He said to her as he walked closer, making Nara anxious. "You look tired. It can't be from walking all day. You must be..."

"I must be what?"

"...practice drawing? I don't know. But that's not my wild guess, though."

Nara felt relieved. "Your wild guess, what is it?"

"That you're out practising some instruments. You seem like you can read notes." He said, while trying to find his candy.

Her heart almost stopped. She felt like she was getting caught. 'He's just guessing, Nara. Just a wild guess.' After a few exhales, she took her chewing gums out and gave one to him. "Here."