The Date

I was freaking out, I was physically and mentally freaking out. I had an hour left until Calum came and picked me up and I was not even ready.

I thought I had an outfit ready but I kept changing my mind every 10 minutes. I don’t know how I was going to manage to get through this date, I've only had one other boyfriend and that didn’t last long or end well.

In the past two hours all I managed to do was take a shower. So right now I was looking for some clothes to wear. Why was it so hard for me to choose something.  It’s just a date right?

I decided to wear some high waisted back faded denim shorts, with some dark blue see through leggings, and some black combat boots. Now all I needed was the shirt, I was between a Beatles, ATL or Nirvana shirt.

 I decided not to take go with ATL because I think Calum would think I knew where he was taking me, so I decided to go with a Nirvana shirt. It was a new shirt so I ended up cutting the sleeves so that my rose tattoo was uncovered.

No one knew I had a tattoo, well only Luke but that was the only person.

I straitened my hair, and applied a little of makeup on. I don’t really wear makeup, but I'll make an exception for today. I was applying some red lipstick on when I heard the doorbell ring.

 Fuck that must be Calum. I quickly grabbed my phone, wallet and some extra money and headed to the door.

I opened it as surely it was him. He stayed quite not saying anything. Looking at me from head to toe a couple of times. It kind of made me feel uncomfortable.

“You look.. Amazing!” he said

“you don’t look half bad either Mr. Hood” I smile and hugged him. He hugged me back, a little thigher than my hug and place I kiss on the top of my head.

“Ready to go” he said

“Yes I am” I nodded and followed him to the car.

“Is it ok if we walk, the place we are going to is like 15 minutes away” he said, while looking at me.

“Yeah, that’s fine, I like to walk” Emma your awkward is showing, good one. I looked at Calum and he was smiling, oh god he has a nice smile.

We walked in silence for about five minutes when I felt Calum grab my hand.

“Is it ok if-“ he was about to let go

“no its fine” I said tightening my grip. From the corner of my eye I could see him smile and blush a little. So cute.

The rest of the way we just talked about random things, and how Ash and Luke were really serious in making a band.

“Well Luke is a really good singer and he plays guitar also. Last year we would play like in malls and stuff like that just for fun” I told him.

“We? So you sing too?” he asked a little to curious.

“oh gosh no. I just went to support him. I sound like a cat that lost all its 9 live at once”  I said looking up at him. He burst out into a fit of laughter, which I don’t get why because what I said was not funny at all.

He let go of my hand and pretended to wipe a tear. He pointed to   where there were a line of people.

“Luke told me he told you were I was going to take you” he said looking at the long line there was.

“Im sorry I didn’t tell you that he told me” I said.

He started to laugh “Its ok, I actually wanted him to tell you because I wanted you to wear the All Time Low shirt you wore on Wednesday, but Nirvana works” he grabbed my hand and we headed to the front of the line.