The Confession

It was midnight and Calum and I decided to go back home. He was pushing the bike and I was holding the soccer ball, well I was bouncing it. It was nice and quiet, only a few dogs barking and cars passing by. Other than that it was quiet. We had been walking for about 5 minutes when Calum’s phone started ringing.

“Hello. Yes. Right now? Ok we are on our way, yes WE as in Emma and I” I wondered how he was talking to at this time of the night. “Ok mate. Yes I’m taking care of her. Dude NO we just went to the park, chill I wouldn’t do anything to hurt her! Ok we will be there in like 20 minutes, bye” with that he hung up and jabbed his phone in his pocket. “That was Luke, I guess we are going to have our first ever official band practice right now” he said looking at me.

“Why now can’t you guys wait for after school or on the weekends” I noticed that he has stopped walking, so I looked back to see what was going on.

“Luke really wants this band thing to work. He wants us to be really good before our audition for the show and he wants us to perform an original song. So needless to say, he is determined to make this work” he grabbed my hand and signaled me to get on the bike.

We made it to Luke’s house 20 minutes later. I knew Luke’s parents were not home. Maybe that’s why he wanted to practice right now. I walked up to the door and got my keys and opened the door to Luke’s house.

“You have keys to his house?” Calum asked.

 I could see he didn’t like the idea that I had keys to Luke’s house. I just ignored his question and opened the door. I went straight to the basement because I knew that that was where Luke practiced his singing and he would play guitar there also.

I opened the door to the basement with Calum following close behind. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw Ashton a Cajon and Michael, he was actually here and held and acoustic guitar on his hands. He was sitting on a couch next to Ashton. Luke was sitting on the floor crossed legged.

“Finally you guys are here! We have been waiting for about an hour! Emma go sit over there. Cal come over here” I went to sit down on a couch bed Luke had down here. I sat in the middle of it and crossed my legs as well.

“So what are you guys going to do?” I asked. I didn’t want to be nosy but I was already there I might as well ask.

“We are going to record a cover we have been working on for the past two days, and you are going to help us record it” Luke sounded kind of annoyed by this time. I knew he was not being sarcastic so something must have been bothering him.

“Luke can I talk to you up stairs please” I asked and started walking to the living room. I felt him walk up the stair case, him dragging his feet up.

“Ok so what’s wrong you have been sort of avoiding me these past days and when I ask you a question you sound annoyed” I told him, if there was one thing I was good at was at being straight forward with everyone especially him.

“Nothing I just broke up with Julie that all. Its no big deal” the way he said that seemed like it didn’t even bother him.

“Luke you guys just started dating, why did you break up with her already?” I really did think he liked her a lot.

“I realized I was using her to make some other girl jealous, and I dint want to do anything to hurt her so I ended it. But the sad part is that this other girl has a boyfriend and I know she doesn’t like him as much as she likes me” Luke took a step closer to me to just leave a small space between up.

I was getting a little nervous I didn’t really know what to say. Was he talking about me? Did he know that I liked him. I felt his hand come down and wrap around my waist so there was no space between us.

“L-L-Luke what ar-” I was in mid sentence when he kissed me. I was in complete shock, I didn’t know what to do, I was frozen.

When I realized what was happening I pushed Luke away still in shock about what just happened.

“What the hell was that for Luke” I wasn’t very sure if I was angry at him, I mean ive been wanting that to happen for some time but I didn’t even kiss him back.

Luke didn’t answer my question he just smirked and looked at me. He took a step closer once again. He then leaned in and whispered.

“Em, I have these feelings for you and I will not stop fighting g for you until you are mine, I know this is a risk I’m taking but I know what I am doing, and I know you might have the same feeling for me. I know what I am doing” with that he walked back downstairs and left me to think to myself.

I didn’t know how to respond to that. Just went downstairs and grabbed my bad.

“Ill see you guys tomorrow” I announced and they all turned their heads to face me

“Wait you are leaving, but its dark outside. Babe ill take you home” Calum got up from his spot and from the corner of my eye I could see Luke staring at him.

“NO! No um don’t worry just stay here! I’ll be ok I promise” I ran up the stair, not looking back. I just wanted some time to myself and being with them would not help me with that.

I had gotten to my house and was about to open the door when I remembered that my mom didn’t know I had gone out. I ran to the back of the house and luckily I had left my window slightly opened. I hoped in and sat on my bed to think.

Luke decided to tell me he liked me when I was finally going out with someone. I wonder what would of happened if he had told me this before I became Calums girlfriend. Would they be friends or would we be going out. Why did he have to do this?

I fell back on my bed, and looked at the clock, shit it was already 5 in the morning. Maybe if I tell my mom that I’m not feeling good she won’t send me to school. Yes that is what I will do. At that moment I heard a knock on the door.

“Hun, I’m going to work I’ll be home at around 8pm ok. I love you sweetie” my mom came into the room and sat on my bed.

“Ok mom I love you too. Mom I’m not feeling well can I just not go to school today please I promise to not get in trouble” I said looking at my mom. I didn’t want to go to school today I really didn’t.

“Why don’t you want to go? I know that’s that the only reason sweetie? What Happened? Oh and I know you went out at night, so I know something’s up” She was too good.

I knew she was going to keep asking so I might as well tell her. “Well um, you know the boy I’m going out with Calum, yeah well I really like him but this morning we went over to Luke’s house and he kind of stated that he liked me. Mom I don’t want to see them today it would just be so dam awkward” I said letting out a breath that I didn’t know I was holding in.

“Wait so Luke told you he liked you?” I nodded in response. “I’m happy he finally told you this, but what are you going to do?” she looked at me with a sympathetic look. She put her arm around me and gave me a tight squeeze.

“I don’t know mom I mean I really like Calum but you know I have feeling for Luke as well. I just I’m so confused, oh and Luke kissed me mom! Gosh why the fuck did he have the urge to do this now” I said Staring at the ground.

“First of all language” she said softly hitting me on the head “and second you know what you r heart wants just follow what it is telling you, do what it tells you to do. Now I have to go to work, you can stay home and maybe later we can talk about this without being rushed. I love you sweetie, and I know you are going to figure all this out” with that she was out of my room.

I went to the living room and sat on the couch. I turned on the TV and was looking trough the channels. I gave up because it was early in the morning and there was going to be nothing good on right now.

I just wanted to get my mind off this mess I’m in. How was it possible for someone to have feelings for two people at one, it just didn’t make any sense to me.

I was in the middle of my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door. Who would come at 7 in the morning to my house? I got up from my conferrable position on the couch and opened the door.

 “Luke? What are you doing here?”