Morning Hang Out

Luke’s POV

“I just wanted to hang out with you that’s all Em”  I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to kiss her so bad but last time I did she ended up in the hospital and I didn’t want that to happen again.

I let her go and went and sat on her bed. I signaled her to sit beside me and she did. I crossed my legs and scooted myself to the middle of the bed.

“So Cal told me you had a name and like a design for the band” I say trying to make some conversation.

“Yeah I did! Do you want to see it? I mean I know you guys might not like the name and the Logo but it’s something to start with right?” she had a sparkle in her eye. She always did when she talked about decorating, drawing or photography.

“Show me I want to see it and I could say if I like the name or not” I told her.

She jumped of the bed and walked to her closet. She got out a black bag. It was not too big or too small. She unzipped it and got a drawing board out of it. Walking back to the bed Emma placed the drawing in front of me. Making sure I got the back of the drawing board so I didn’t see it yet.

“Are you ready?” she said and I just gave her a nod indicating that I was ready to see the drawing.

“Ok but don’t laugh it was the first thing that came to my mind and honestly I worked hard on it. The name could use some fixing also if you don’t like it” she turned it around.

It wasn’t an exaggerating   drawing it was actually good and the name was not bad.

“ 5 Seconds of Summer? Hmmm that’s an interesting name. I like the tally logo. Its simple and cool. We can ask the guys if they like it later today I mean we can finally have practice right?” I told her.

“ Finally have practice? Did you guys not have practice these past weeks?” She sounded a little annoyed with the fact that we had not practiced or had done anything, in that matter, for the band.

“Well you see… remember when all that happened, well that was like out fifth practice but it was the first one that you had gone to.” It was true it was the first time she had gone to one of our band practices.

 “Ok but anyways yeah we haven’t practiced as a band for the past two weeks. I mean the guys have practiced but.. I didn’t go to any practices”

Emma’s POV

“ ok but anyways yeah we haven’t practiced as a band for the past two weeks. I mean the guys have practiced but.. I didn’t go to any practices” he stayed quiet for a couple of seconds before speaking again

 “I.. I stayed at the hospital with you. I spent all my time there. After school that’s where I would go. I would go straight to the hospital to see you. I didn’t even want to go to school because what if you woke up and no one was there to see you wake up. I just didn’t want to leave you alone” he stopped again.

“Luke you didn’t have to stay with me you know that right?” I said but he ignored me going on.

“But the saddest part was that not even your boyfriend spent as much time as I did in there Emma. He went to see you every other day and when he did go see you he would make an excuse to leave early.” I didn’t know what to say.

 A part of me wanted to believe Luke, I mean he is my best friend, but then there was that part of me that didn’t want to believe him.

“Emma I know you might not believe what I am telling you, you might think I’m lying, but I’m not. Calum was almost never here you have to believe me on this Em please.”

“Luke stop! Ok just stop all the bullshit!” I screamed but covered my mouth as fast as I could.

I had forgotten it was early in the morning and that my mom was and dad where asleep.

“Emma I would not lie to you please” he got up the bed from the bed and walked to where I was now standing at. “Emma I would never lie to you. And you know that”

“So what are you insinuating because Cal was not at the hospital much? What are you trying to say Lucas Hemmings?” I didn’t know what else to say.

“I’m not insinuating anything Emma. Im just saying that if Calum was a good boyfriend he would have of stayed with you at least more time.” He paused for a second, “ I mean if I was your boyfriend Em, I would treat you way better.

He whispered the last part almost to the part where I could not hear it, but I did hear it. I didn’t know what else to say after that. What was I suppose to say.

 He moved closer to me. His face was inches from mine and I could feel his warm breathe against my lips. I felt shivers go down my spine and I knew what Luke was trying to do.

He brushed his lips against mine but he kept his eye contact with me. I seriously think I was not breathing at that point.

“Emma?” he spoke softly.

“Y-yeah?” I struggled to get that word out of my mouth. It felt like I didn’t even say anything, like if Luke didn’t hear me because he did not say anything after I replied.

“Can I….. Can I kiss you?”he whispered and it sounded like if he was contemplating in asking me this.

 But before I could answer his lips where attached to mine. His hands made there way to my waist and somehow I didn’t stop him. Instead I placed my hands around his neck and slid my hand through his hair.

He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance. The kiss was not like nothing I had felt and it was different from the last two kisses Luke and I shared. This one was way more passionate. I felt sparks when our lips touched.

After the kiss Luke rested his forehead on mine. We were both trying to catch our breaths. Luke just kept staring into my eye like if he was trying to figure something out,

“Emma! I really do like you a lot. I know I just realized this but its true. Every time Calum talks about you or is with you I feel jealous. I get jealous because I am not the one kissing you in front of other people. I can’t hold your hand in public.” he thought about what he was going to say next, but he never lost his eye contact with me.

“And what kills me the most, is that   I cant call you mine”