Friends

Emma’s POV

“EMMA ITS ME CALUM! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!” shit.

Luke quickly got up off of me and I went to go get my shirt. I put it on and saw that Luke was headed for the door. I threw a pillow at him and it hit his head.

“What are you doing? I’ll answer it” walking over to the door I opened it.

“Hi babe” I said as I opened the door. He was leaning against the wall with his hands jabbed into his pockets. It looked like he was in deep tough because when I greeted him he jumped a little.

“Um Emma.” He said still with his gaze on the floor.

“And Luke hi” I turned to see Luke standing behind me.

“Hey mate was up” I could tell that Luke was kind of nervous. He was fiddling with his fingers and he kept on biting his lip.

“Nothing much. I just uh came to talk to Emma” Calum ran a hand trough his hair.

“Ok well I guess I should just go. Ill see you later to finish the Movies Em bye” I was about to respond to Luke when Calum interrupted.

“No mate. Don’t worry you don’t have to leave. I’ll just talk to her outside.” Luke nodded and went inside closing the door behind him.

Calum and I both stayed quiet for a while before he finally spoke.

“you want to go for a walk” he said  looking at the floor.

I responded with a simple yes and followed him down the street. There was no denying that there was an awkward silence right now. None of us speaking, just walking side by side.

“So how have you been? We haven’t really hung out, seeing as I was in a comma and all” I tried to lighten the mood. I didn’t want to feel awkward around him.

“I’ve been good you know, same old same old I have written some songs you know for the band. I think the guys would like. ” he said while still looking at the ground. Here was a smile on his face when he talked about music.

“Will I hear it also?” I said looking at him. He looked at me and back at the ground.

“You’ll be the first one to listen to it”

We went back to a silence but this time it was not that awkward.For the past five minutes he had not looked at me once. I kind of figured what he wanted to talk to me and the not getting this over with or not talking was driving me crazy.

“Calum, what did you want to talk to me about? I know that this visit was not just to hang out. I know you, something is on your mind.” he stayed silent for a while before he spoke.

 “Ok fine.” He stopped walking and looked at me.

“I know that you don’t like me the way that I like you and I know that you will not feel how I feel.  I think- I think we should break up. I know that you don’t like me how you though you did, and I also know that you like Luke and he likes you. I mean it’s kinda obvious. I just don’t want to keep this up anymore. Knowing that you like someone else but yet here you are with me.” There was another silence before he continued talking.

“Im not saying that we should stop being friends because in all honesty you and Luke are one of my best friends and I don’t want to lose your friendship” I looked at the ground and then at him.

I didn’t know what to say, I mean I knew for a fact that now after what had happened a few minutes before he got to my house that I didn’t like him how I though.

I knew that I really liked Luke.

“So still friends?” I asked.

“Yes, I don’t want to lose you Emma, well lose you as a friend anyway” he chuckled.

“You promise? I don’t want this to turn into one of those things where two friends go out they break up and never talk to each other again. I don’t want that to happen ok" i said looking at him.

"Emma i promise ok" he grabbed my hands in his.

"We are not going to be like that ok i promise"

At this point I couldn't resist it. I embraced him in a hug. I think he was shocked at first be when he figured out that i was hugging him he hugged me back. It was a warm friendly hug. 

It was nothing like our other hugs. It was friendly, it was nice.

"I think we should go back to your house" he said separating from the hug.

"Oh shit yeah you're right. C'mon" i said pulling him with me. Five minutes later we got to the front door of my house.

"Well ill leave ill see you later ok" 

"No! Come inside we were watching a movie. C'mon I can call Mikey and Ash and we can watch the movies all together" he pondered for a second before responding with a simple nod.

I opened the door and Luke was laid on the couch sleeping.

"Can you wake him up while a text Ash and Mikey?" I asked.

"Yeah of course" He walked to where Luke was at and stood next to him. 
I took my phone out and texted both boys to come over so we could watch movies. They instantly replied back with a on my way and a, be there in 10.

"WTF!!" I hear Luke scream and i could see that Calum had woken him up by pouring soda on him. I couldn't contain my laugh in anymore. I was in a fit of laughter and so was Calum.

"Dude that was some fucked up shit!" Luke yelled.

"Sorry man but Emma told me to wake you." Calum said and i instantly stopped laughing.

"Wait so this was your idea?"  He asked walking towards me.

"What no i just told him to wake you up I never told him to dump a soda on you.” I said trying to contain myself from laughing anymore.

“Whatever lovebird” Luke said while walking past of. I looked at Calum and he looked at me and then at Luke.

“Um mate Emma and I broke up.” Calum looked at me and I just nodded.

“What! When did this happen?”Luke sounded surprised and his voice had a hint of happiness in it.

“Before Cal dumped the soda on you. Luke just nodded and when to change his clothe.

Ten minutes later both the boys that were missing got to my house. They both had a bag full of junk food with them.

They all sat on the couches, me sitting on the floor. The last thing a remembered was someone picking me up and then everything went dark.