7- Luna POV

A/N I love music that came out before the 2000's, and I mostly have this song on repeat. This sing doesn't really have anything to do with the chapter though...

"So, where are we going?" Clint asks with his ever-growing curiosity.

Clint is a massive idiot right now! Where does Percy go every birthday!? Think Clint! He's dragged us there multiple times!

"You all have your bikes with you..... right? Because I am honestly not going to have you all ride mine and we are DEFINITELY not gonna walk there."

"Yeah...." Clint draws on. Natasha looks just about ready to smack him upside the side. How dumb can you get Clint?! I still love you since you are one of my best friends, but still! You can get even more clueless than Perce!

"Great!" Percy says with the most enthusiasm I've seen in a week or two. "So Luna, you got your bike? Because I honestly wouldn't mind if you didn't."

"I do," I said with a smirk. Natasha and Clint seemed to sense that I was gonna tease him, so they just found their bikes and leaned against them. AND, they also had smirks drawn on their faces.

"But...." I looked at him while dragging out the rest of the 'ut' in the word, "I think I'll make an exception since today is a 'bit' of a special day."

In that one sentence, his eagerness became contagious to us all. By the time I was behind him on the bike, we all wore smiles and were excited to reach our destination.
_________________________________________
As we reached an apartment in a lovely middle class neighborhood, Clint finally understood why this day was so special.

We didn't let him drive next to us during the ride because he would've easily gotten lost.

When we got to Sally's floor, Percy was literally dancing on the balls of his feet. He was so excited that he rushed over to her door and knocked right away. Who would've thought that the great Perseus Jackson missed his mom this much.

"Open up the door Paul!" You could hear her muffled yell-ish type of voice. It wasn't raised much, but it was in a way that said 'stop standing there and do something'. Finally, she gave an exasperated sigh that people would've barely caught unless you were like us.

When Sally opened the door after a couple of seconds, I got a good look at her. She hasn't changed a bit from the last time I saw her. Of course that was a couple of months ago, but still.

She had on an apron covered in random blue spots all over. Her brown and barely graying hair was tied up in a high tight ponytail. Her sparkling eyes twinkled more than a human's should when she got a good look at us.

She then engulfed Percy in a tight hug that he gladly returned. After what might've been two minutes she let go and moved onto me. She gave me a hug that wasn't as tight as Percy's but was still filled with motherly warmth. After letting go after half a minute, she moved on to the two assassins.

They easily gave her hugs that were as long and as tight as mine. Sally's always been here for us, and she mothers us all the time. She even brought down Natasha's protective mask and treated her with the warmth Natasha deserves. Clint gave in easier than Natasha to Sally.

After what seemed like forever of all of us standing around grinning from ear to ear, Sally opened the door wider and went inside with the rest of us trailing behind her.

One step inside though triggered all of us and we were on high alert. Sending looks to each other then looking toward the kitchen then back to each other, we got into ready stances.

Then as if a gun went off signaling us to go, we raced to the kitchen, each of us pushing and tripping the other.

Sally was standing at the doorway amused and trying hard not to laugh at us.