25- Percy POV

I sighed, trying to get up out of the bed. I've been kept under lock-down for three days by far. Three agonizing days of pure boredom.

   The bad part is, they don't know what caused me to go blind. Heck, I don't know what caused me to go blind.

    I close my eyes, even if I can't see anything, and try to listen. I try to listen to my surroundings. It's the only thing keeping me alive right now because of the constant boredom and checkups. And by checkups, I don't mean simple doctor checkups - even though this has been excruciatingly painful - I also have other demigods come into the room all the time just to ask me questions.

   I lay the palms of my hands on my jeans pants, feeling the kind-of thin material on my fingertips. I breathed in once again, trying to focus on everything.

   I've been getting pretty good lately with this tactic, especially listening in on when someone comes into the infirmary, trying to find their step pattern, trying to listen to how many milliseconds or even seconds are distanced between each step. Do they step quickly and lightly on the ground or take their time and make sure their whole foot touches the ground?

   It's basically a pastime. Something to do while they try to find out what bit me, if there is a cure, if it was gonna spread to my other senses, and if it was lethal. I couldn't do anything except be useless. I couldn't even remember seeing what bit me during the fight, so that wouldn't be any help.

   I let out the breath I was holding as I hear chatter outside, people that don't know what to do just trying to go on with life. I can hear the splash in the mud as some people run around, both in a frantic way or in a cheerful, playful way. I can hear the buzzing near here, I've been hearing it quite frequently in the past three days.

   I can also hear the wooden door of the infirmary slide open against the floor, the barely noticeable footsteps coming my way. They were timed, each step had half a second between the other one. They were also soft on the ground, in an assassin like way. And, like I had mentioned before, they were barely noticeable.

   "Hey, Tasha!" I call out with a wide smile on my face, hearing her steps almost falter before getting back on track. Yep, it's her.

    "How did you know it was me?" She asked as she took a seat by me and put her arm under my legs, pulling them out from under me and laying them behind her to make me in a sitting-laying down position.

   "A magician never tells his secrets," I retort, a grin playing on my lips as she smacks my legs with her hand.

   "He's not much of a magician though if he's failing in the business."

   "Who said I was failing?! I'm just getting started!" I speak, mustering up the courage to keep going on with the act. Even though I love her to death since she's basically my older sister, she didn't come in here to just check up on me. She probably wanted info from me.

   "Yeah, well you better quit while at it. You aren't invincible, and so wasn't someone like Madame Delinsky. She died doing a stunt."

    Wait... "How do you know about that? Aren't you the uptight one?"

   "Whoever said the one man having a real bullet was an accident?" She said with 100% seriousness in her voice.

   I groaned in annoyance. For a second, just a mere second, I thought she had a sliver of humanity that meant that she watched that stuff. Then, when I get my sight back, we - us assassins - can have a night just watching magicians. Clint and I had done it a couple of times, he claimed it was to see how they escape in certain situations and him wanting to try it, but I knew better. He enjoyed watching it.