Chapter 1:Encounter

My name is Yuri Ashlynn most commonly known as the "Deer messenger" a yet to be rated ghoul. I've been ordered to attend cross academy to keep a low profile until I'm needed. Tatara says all I need to do is hand this envelope to the schools headmaster and he will know what it means.

Walking into the building I ask a nearby student where the headmasters office is. They point towards a nearby hallway and tell me it's the third on the right. I thank them and continue on.

From the room I can hear a conversation. 'If you know that then what don't you increase the number of people on the disciplinary committee! All I got is this girls and she's useless.' I hear a male voice shout. Next a hear a girls voice respond. 'I don't have to take lip from someone who's late all-'

Knocking on the door I interrupt her mid sentence. I enter once I hear someone say come in. They all look towards me as I walk up the the headmaster.

Reaching into my back pack I pull out the envelope Tatara told me to give to the headmaster. He slowly reads over it. Me along with the other two students wait for him to explain what it said.

After a minute he looks up with an intense glare directed at me. He gets up and stands in front of me and without warning he pokes both of my eyes hard enough to make them bleed.

"What the hell did you do that for!" Screaming from the sudden pain my eyes turned black and scarlet. The headmaster sees the change and removes my hand from my face and faces me towards the two students.

"Why did you do that!" The girl didn't notice till she stepped closer. The other guy had his hand on his gun. After their reactions my eyes revert back to normal.

"Well looks like you got what you wanted Zero. Meet the new member of the disciplinary committee Yuri Ashlynn!" We all give the headmaster a confused look. He turns to me and says. "I'm sorry but I just wanted to make sure you were real." He apologizes as if he only spilled water on me and it wasn't a big deal. "Go wash up in there." With my hand still over my eyes the brunette helps me to the bathroom.

While cleaning up the blood I over hear the conversation outside.

"What is she? Another Vampire?" A voice I can only assume in Zero.

"Is she dangerous?" The girl asks.

"Of course she is but she won't harm you or anyone on this campus!" He raised his voice to make sure I could hear it. "This note is from someone I met many years ago. He saved the hunters association by coincidence so we sorta owe him. Anyways she will have to attend day classes but will room in the moon dorms."

Stepping out of the bathroom with my sight restored I take a seat. He waves his hand and the other two leave the room.

"What am I supposed to eat?"

"For food you are only hunt vampires the hunters association says you can. And while attending this school you are to act as a guinea pig, starting today you are Cross Academys first ghoul student. Also as a new guardian of this school your job is to act as security for this school and keep the night classes secret a secret." It took me a moment to process this information.

"What's the secret?"

"You'll find out soon enough." With that he claps and tells me Yuki and Zero will show me to my room.

The two show me to the moon dorms. The walk was quiet. I could tell they didn't know what to think of me. Once at the moon dorms the committee left telling me which number my room was. I guess they didn't want to step inside.

Opening the door I saw how fancy it was. Walking up the stairs I smile that no one noticed me. That's a reason why I'm feared in the eleventh ward because No one can sense me unless you physically see. Its great to have while hunting.

Managing to get to my room without being notice I start to unpack. Looking out I see the sun start to set. With that I change into my hunting clothes. The ghoul that tailored did a great job. The garments material made it perfect to fight in.

I'm sure the headmaster won't mind if I just eat one human. Jumping out the window I adjust my mask. It was much darker now. Walking through town I catch a whiff of blood.

I can smell the blood from here. The building was old and badly maintained. I knew I had the right place when the stench got thicker. Kicking down the door I see a pair of red eyes on me. He still had his teeth in someone's neck.

Letting out my kagune I get ready to fight. My kagune works like armor. Starting at my shoulder blades it extends to my joints and fists letting me knock someone out cold with just one blow. And that's exactly what I did. One punch and he was out cold.

Ripping off a limb I start eating. "It's not that bad. Well not as bad as ghouls meat but still." One limb at a time I start devouring him. Once I'm done I head back.

I walked through the nearby forest on my way back. It always seemed to calm me down.

A few meters from the dorms I stopped once I caught whiff of blood. It smelled so yummy I couldn't resist. My legs started walking in the direction it was coming from.

Jumping from tree to tree I see two female students passed out, Yuki and two night class students. I watch at a distance until I see one open its mouth revealing a set of fangs and take a bite of Yuki's hand. Jumping in between the two I push the blonde one away.

"What the hell do you think you're doing! And what are you?!" I see their eyes widen at my sudden intrusion.

"Yuri?" Yuki says.

I hear a bang and suddenly I feel a few pounds lighter. I get pushed to the ground and hear a voice say to put the gun away.

Getting up I see Zero with his gun pointed at me. Realizing what happened I get mad. "You shot me?! Out of the two vampires here you shoot me!! What the hell dude! Look isn't that great you just shot my arm off!"

Everyone looks at me with fear or confusion in their eyes."How are you not dead?!" "What are you?!" "What?"

Sighing I get up and go find my arm. Using a technique I learned as a child I reconnect my arm back on. Once done I see the brunette handling the situation. Walking up to him I introduced myself.

"I'm Yuri Ashlynn and as of today I'll be staying in the moon dorms." He looks at me before his eyes drift to my reconnected arm. "Oh yeah my arms back. And are you guys. Vampires? I'm really not sure." Seeing their uneasyness I continue. "Look you don't have anything to worry about. I've been told the rules and I'm sure I won't be here for long." I hold my hands up as a peaceful gesture. After some seconds he finally says something.

"My names Kaname and I'm the moon dorm president." The blonde one cuts in.

"My names Aido but I'd prefer it if you'd call me daddy~"

Taken back by his statement my eyes widen. Just then I hear the ginger haired one speak.

"Shut up Aido you're probably older then her actual father." I laugh bringing the twos attention to me. "I'm Akatsuki by the way." With that the three walk into the infirmary.

______________________________________

Art by Sam sketchies