Chapter 14:The Mission

It was near the beginning of the new year and I remember the way the snow coated my hair making my blonde hair lighter then it was. I was allowed to leave cochlea and start my work at the ccg. I remember the crude stares and scowls of the investigators I passed on my way to Arimas office.

Those first few months consisted of furthering their labs studies on ghouls. I felt like I was selling out my kinds secrets to the enemy. It stopped after the 'LSD incident' awhile ago. I cringe just from thinking about it. Once the work day was over I came home to Haise Sasaki, formally known as Ken Kaneki. Without his memories he was definitely more stable; mentally at least.

Around summer is when things started changing. The day when the ccg was introduced to the 'Q squad'.
Humans with the abilities of ghouls, monsters in human form. That same day Haise and I were tasked in training them. It made my job as a simple secretary more difficult to say the least.

Mutsuki, shyest of the group and had trouble activating her kagune but she had heart. Saiko, probably the laziest of the bunch always on the her room watching anime. I wonder how she even became an investigator. Then there's the boys. Urie who embodied the image of a perfect investigator and Shirazu who was always acting up, picking a fight, or being loud nuisance in general. He was always trying to one up Urie in any competition.

And here I was having to deal with four new additions to the apartment. Just great.

"Yuri! Tell Urie cunt here that I'm this squads leader and he need to follow my orders!" I roll my eyes as I continue making pasta.

"I su-suppose you've gotten used to him haven't y-you." I internally smile at how adorable mutsuki is. Only last week has he gotten over finding out about me. We stood in the kitchen cooking together as we waited for Shirazu to shut up.

Hearing the jumble of keys outside I wasn't surprised when Haise entered.
"Oh your cooking again?"

"Well someone has to feed these little monsters." I say as I slip my apron off and slid it over onto Mutsukis shoulders letting him take over the cooking.

"I'm just surprised you can cook human dishes like a pro even though your a ghoul." By this point the boys had stopped their yapping and we're listening in to our conversation.

"What can I say? It's a gift." I smile as I start setting up the table. In ten minutes the Quickes, as most called their squad were peacefully eating pasta.

"It looks like your doing a better job of getting them under control then I am." Looking g over to Haise I see the slight downturn of his lip. "Arima wanted me to act as their mentor, to teach them how to control their ghoul side but you can see how far I've gone with that." Its true that half the squad can't even activate their kagunes and Urie and Shirazu don't follow orders but it's not that bad. I mean at least they're still alive. That's one good thing.

"Come on its not all bad. Lighten up and remember you will have training with the Q squad tomorrow at three pm and you have a meeting at twelve-"

"Ash you're not at work so you can relax. Go to bed early or something."

"I can't I still need to do the laundry and organize a few cases for Arima and-" He hold his hands up.

"Guys, you know how to work a washing machine right?" He yells over to the quickes awaiting their response. They look at each other with confused stares.

"We have a washing machine?!" I facepalm hearing Shirazus statement.

~Time skip~

The next day I spent making sure everyone got to work on time. Once everyone had left I made way to ccg headquarters with Arimas coffee in one hand and a stack of papers in the other.