Chapter 11:Prelude to battle

We all stare seeing him try to control his vampire side.

"Come on!" He throws his bloody rose away from his towards us leaving himself defenseless. After a few more meaningless cries I walk towards him until I'm only a few feet away from him. He looks at me for a moment trying to see what I'd do.

Slap

He stumbles a bit before looking at my red and black eyes. Before he knew it he was out cold after a blow from my koukaku.

Letting him slump onto my shoulder I walk back to the two adults. "So what should we do with this fella?"

After a few confused looks were exchanged we started walking. Where to? I really didn't know but we needed to isolate Zero for awhile.

Setting Zero down I wait outside letting Mr. Yagari have a word with his student.

"Woah!" I stare at headmaster Cross for a moment. "You look so different with your hair down."

"Ah yes I look hot don't I!" He strikes a pose and I swear I saw stars around him. I let out a laugh as I stand next to him. "Yuri I'm going to need you to search the perimeter of the school for any threats. I'm calling an evacuation of all the day class students. I need you to stall any one wanting to cause harm here." Knowing he was serious I nod and walk towards the forest.

Sensing someone nearby I hide behind a nearby tree. "Lady Yuki!" Hearing a certain vampires plea I leave the tree and walk towards them.

"So it's true. You are a vampire after all. I can smell it in your blood." Yukis hair had gotten a few feet longer for some reason. Is it like a side affect?

"Yuri." I watch as she steps closer until she's a few centimeters away. Without warning she hugs me. I can't help but smile at her gesture.

"Even in this state you're still the same Yuki." Smiling I hug her back and step back. "Unfortunately I have to go take care of some unwanted visitors." Walking past Aido I stop. "Take care of Yuki for me." I shine him a smile before I walk off.

The scent of blood lingered in the air. I lick my lips hoping for a good hunt today. I haven't eaten in almost a month and I'm starving. I hear a rustle nearby and activate my kakugan. It seems my dinner has come to me, how wonderful!

Letting both my kagunes take shape I run towards them stopping to see their number. Their red eyes glowed in the darkness of the forest. They had sick smiles on their faces as they charged. "You're the ghoul our master old us to watch out for aren't you!?" The one closest to me shrieks before disintegrating into dust.

Master? I think as I mindlessly slash and cut down each vampire. I decide to ignore the statement as I look to my feet. There was barely any blood and most importantly there's NO body to eat from?!! I sigh as I rub my empty belly.

By now most day class students are fixing to leave. Sensing no one near by I jump into my room through the window quickly stripping myself from my tattered school uniform and into my hunting clothes. The cold breeze against my bare back felt nice.

Turning to Lil dude I see him shivering. "Lil? What's wrong what's got you riled up?" Quickly holding him he jumps up onto my shoulder into my hood. His shivering had stopped so I took him with me. Maybe he can sense the danger or something? I wave the thought off and take a few of his snacks incase he gets hungry.

Holding my hood tightly so Lil dude won't get hurt I take a running start towards the window. As I fall I see two day class girls in front of the moon dorms. They're approached by a woman in yellow, a vampire. "Get away fro-" she bursts into flames before I could even finish my sentence.

Looking I see Akatsuki was the one to kill her. I sigh in relief and he notices me. "YURI!" Not taking notice of how close I was to the ground I land face first into the dirt.

"Ow." I slowly get up to dust myself off making sure Lil dude wasn't hurt. His nose gives a little twitch and I smile. He's adorable!

Running towards the night class I see them all fighting. Letting my ghoul side take over I start beheading these freaks. Each time getting more annoyed by the fact they turn to dust after they die. Only a few left I leave knowing the night class can handle themselves. They probably didn't notice either way.

Walking I hear my stomach occasionally growl. I groan as I walk towards the sun dorms. "Yuri?"
Turning I see Yori beside me. "Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah I'm just a little hungry." I laugh it off but I'm interrupted by an unpleasant scent. Turning I see a vampire already running towards us baring it's fangs. Acting quickly I upper cut him sending him back a few meters. Grabbing him by his neck I pick him up. His nails trying to dig into my skin hoping I'd let go. Bringing my other hand up I strike right through his chest grabbing his heart. Please don't turn to dust. Crossing my fingers I yank it out. Unfortunately he along with his heart disintegrated into dust.
Letting it fall I sigh.

"Yori! Yuri!" I look to see Yuki running up to us Aido trailing behind. I stand by Aido as we watch what happens next. A couple more vampires approach but with Yukis new found purebloodness they cannot harm her. Despite that they don't fall back and Yuki tries to use Artemis who rejects her in this new form.

I watch as they stop and freeze at that fact and leave themselves open to the bloodsuckers literally a few feet away!
Releasing my bikaku I shield them from the oncoming attack. "Guys don't just stand there!" Bringing my tail up I turn to the threat in front of us. By now I'm starving and sick of them poofing into ash. So I quickly slam my tail down ending them quickly.

"If you need me I'll be in the woods." My stomach let's out a growl as I slowly walk away. I don't know how long it'll be till I go crazy for flesh.

After senseless walking around and meaningless kills I found myself near the front gate. What caught my attention was the humans behind them. My eyes go ghoul as I run towards the smell of human flesh. Oh it's been so long!

"FLESH!!" I scream pouncing. I aim for the biggest one I see.

Bang

I feel something small shot at me hitting me with enough force to send me back a few yards. "YURI! What are you doing?!" Hearing that voice I snap from my state. My eyes turn their usual color as I sit up to see all eyes on me. Mr Yagiri holds his gun at his side as the rest of the people take a defensive stance.

I shakily get up. "Thank you" I mutter.

"Your Thanking me for shooting you."
I nod knowing he did it to help me. My brain fuzzes out pieces of the group and Mr Yagaris conversation but I could tell some of it was about me from all the occasional glances.

I groggily start walking towards a tree and lean against it for support. I need flesh! I mentally groan. How hard is it for one of these guys to die and not turn into dust!

I slowly close my eyes not wanting to think on the matter.