Chapter 5:Exams

A/n
I tried drawing Yuri in the vampire knight anime style ^

Also do the drawings help? I feel like when I try to describe her with words I don't accurately portray her.
______________________________________

I've gotten used to the crowds noise. They have gotten used to me to after countless attempts to overpower me only to find failure they just stand behind me. On occasion one will try to sneak past me but they don't make it far.

"Is there a reason they're more louder then usual!" Screaming over the noise I hope Zero or Yuki heard me.

"I might be because of the ball coming up." I heard her despite all the noise. So what's this ball? Is it like prom or something?

Yuki and I were asked to show a new transfer student around. I'm guessing I was just there to make sure they didn't try anything funny since it was they were a vampire.

"She's so adorable!" Without knowing I fangirled at the sight of her. She was tiny like Yuki and just everything about her. I calmed down once I noticed they all looked at me weird. "Sorry, I got ahead of myself."

I followed as Yuki explained the rules and showed her around the school. We stopped at her class. I couldn't help but awe when she said she was scared and nervous. It's like it's her first day in kindergarten. Yuki asked me to show her to the moon dorms. Once she left Maria asked to go inside the class. I obliged and opened the door.

Her innocent act was gone and she became a bit cocky. She even touched Kaname all sisterly like which even I found a little weird.

"Maria how about we go get you settled in the dorms." She looks to me with bored eyes. But still listens. Turning I see Mr Yagiri has arrived. Maria and him meet eyes for a moment. Looking back I see the whole class watch us leave.

"Well I don't think they'll trust you after that." She says nothing and continues walking. "Ok so you'll be rooming with me." Opening the door I see some of her stuff already there. "I'll be on patrol if you need me." With that I open the window and jump down.

Later I over hear Aido and Akatsuki talking about Maria. Apparently she has a weak constitution and hasn't gone out much because of it.

Wanting to hear more I jump up onto the balcony they were on. They see me and ask what I think of her since she's my roommate.

"All I know is that she wants to get friendly with Yuki... she hasn't said anything to me. Do you think she knows what I am?"

They seem to think about it but Aido changes the subject to the upcoming ball.

"Anyone ask you yet?" Looking up from the bunny I fave Aido.

"No. And I don't think I'll be attending." Looking back down I remember the news about the ccgs plans to attack aogiri tree.

"What why?!" His blue eyes held a tint of sadness. I even see Akatsuki look over.

"In a few days the ccg plans to drive out Aogiri tree from the 11th ward. Since they're broadcasting an all civilian evacuation they're serious about killing us. If someone comes here in the next few days I'm sure I'll be fighting." Leaning against the balcony railing I sigh. "I liked it here though."

"You're not coming back?" Akatsuki asks eyeing me.

"Depends on if I survive or not." I laugh not able to take that sentence seriously. "Oh damn haha as if I'd die. Sorry its just that oh damn" wiping away a tear I stand up straight. "I'll probably be back don't worry." I wave them off and head inside.

Opening the door to my room I see Maria sitting on her bed and a white haired man in the room. A white mask covering his eyes. Stepping closer I see he hasn't noticed me yet. Smelling him I notice the scent.

"Zero?" He steps back startled at my presence.

"How did?!" He puts a hand on his heart.

"Maria what's going on?" My voice still calm I see her get up and leave. Closing the door behind her I sweatdrop. "Does she not like me?" Turning towards the Zero look alike I wait for an answer. He just looks away.

Just then Maria comes back and orders the guy to take her stuff to the vacant dorm building. Wow. Just as quickly as she came she left. At least I got a room to myself now.

Putting the bunny in his bed I go to sleep.

Next day was ordinary. Wake up, get ready, crowd control, and classes.

The class rep confronted Yuki and I about our grades.

"If you ruin my chances to dance with Ruka at the ball I'll hold you two responsible!" Yukis face turns worried. I just shrug it off.

"Exams are tomorrow so we better get to studying!" I smile seeing her full of determination.

"Hey Maria come back!" Turning I notice Takuma chasing after Maria. Many day class students already fawning over him and Aido who just tagged along.

"You want any help!" Shouting so Takuma can hear me he holds his hand up and yells back that he can handle it. I nod and leave noticing Zero and Aido left.

Exams are tomorrow damn. I should ask Aido to tutor me. He's like a boy genius in the human world.

~time skip~

"Yuri it's not that hard. Look you just keep confusing the formulas." I groan.

"Just try it again, I skipped class to tutor you."

"I know I know. I just can't seem to get it." I let my head fall into my math book.

"Maybe all you need is the right ... motivation~" I feel a chill up my spine and Aido gone. Getting up I slip on a layer of ice on the floor. Damn how did I not notice. I'm taken from my thoughts as Aido reappears on top of me just as I fall back onto his bed.

"Aido. What about this is motivation? This is more like a distraction." I smile and roll off his bed leaving me on top of him. And just as quick as it was I got up and went back to studying.

"You tease!" With a cheeky smile on my face I get another textbook out.

"Come on exams are tomorrow." Few more hours and once the night class had returned we decided to let fate decide whether I pass or fail.