Chapter 8:Coffee

The sun was setting as I walked back to the school. Nearing the school I walk through the forest. Walking through I hear a voice. Finding it weird since no ones allowed out at night I investigate.

Sneaking behind them I tap on their shoulder. "Excuse me but I need to ask you to leave." Startled by my presence I see his eyes turn bright red. Seeing that I back up. "You're obviously not a student so what's a vampire doing here?"

Without answering he starts circling around me using his vampire speed. After a minute of this and his silly taunts I finally decide to do something. Waiting till his scent gets stronger I stick my hand out my koukaku already activated and it's scales facing out. Knowing he was to close to change direction he slams right into my arm getting several cuts across his abdomen. But just as quickly he disappear and reappears behind me.

Just then I feel metal at my throat. "Move and a slice you're head off."
Feeling them press it harder against my neck I let my tail form impaling them by releasing it. Holding my tail up with him still on the end I see him barely alive.

"What the hell are you?!" Holding their stomach the vampire asks staring at my red and black eyes.

"I'm your worst nightmare." With him still on the end of my tail I bring him closer. Gently I place my hands on the side of his face. "Goodnight." With that I jerk his head far enough for his neck to break.

"Well now, looks like you had this under control." Just noticing Takuma I freeze. "Oh you look like a deer in the headlights with that look." He laughs and walks towards me. I immediately drop his head and let my kagune disappear letting the rest of the body drop to the floor.

"I didn't know you were watching!" He must've heard me say that cliche line back there. Covering my face I wait till my eyes turn back to normal.

"Oh Yuri your so cute! It's not like your the only one here who's killed someone." He moves my hands from my face. "Oh. You have blood on your face." He stops me from wiping it off and leans in closer. To stunned to move I feel his tongue near my lips licking off the blood. Feeling tingles up and down my spine I let out a little gasp. Seeing his chance Takuma tilts my head slipping his tongue into my mouth.

Feeling weak in the knees and to confused to think I lose my balance falling towards Takuma accidentally deeping the kiss. Regaining our balance we break apart me slightly panting. I could already tell my face was a deep shade of red. "Takuma?!" He just gives me his usual smile and walks with me to the moon dormitory.

Walking through the doors I notice the night class skipped class. "Guys look Yuri's back!" They turn to me and I notice Lil dude (what she calls the bunny) sitting on Akatsukis shoulder. Sitting next to him Lil dude hops onto my shoulder.

"Aw did you miss me?" Petting it's little head I continue to baby talk it.

Finally stopping I face towards Kaname. "So, mind telling me why I just got attacked by a vampire a few minutes ago?"

~Time skip~

"I see. So Zero has a twin brother, little Maria was being controlled by a pure blood vampire that is now dead, and vampires from the Senate have been sent to kill Zero because they believe he killed her? And you're only telling me this because you want me to secretly be Yukis bodyguard without her knowing since she won't get suspicious of me?"

"Yes basically. You are also to stop Zero if he tries to drink Yukis blood." Processing the information I calmly get up and head towards my room with Lil dude still on my shoulder. Shutting the door I feel it's best to worry about this in the morning. Putting Lil dude in his new house I bought from a pet store in Tokyo I say goodnight and fall fast asleep knowing I only have four hours till I have to get up.

~four hours later~

"Yuri where have you been! It was hard handling the crowd by myself." Seeing her tired expression I couldn't help but laugh. With that I help her with the students.

"So Zero." I say leaning against the wall next to him. "I hear your twin brother transferred here this morning."

"Unfortunately." Tilting my head wanting him to continue and explain but all Zero does is walk off to class.

Walking  after him I hear the conversations from the classroom. "You're so much nicer then your brother!" I hear more rebut it stops when I assume Zero opened the door. Walking in a few seconds after him I notice his twin.

Seeing him and walk up to say hello.
"Hello! I'm Yuri, part of the disciplinary committee feel free to come to me if you need help!" I smile and he smiles back with that I sit down thinking to myself. 'I know people who are twins! This is exciting.'

Once classes are done I walk with Yuki to help with the crowds.

"What did you do while you were away Yuri?" Remembering my stay in Tokyo and the time I spent raiding wards with Kaneki and Ayato flashes back.

"I went to visit some family." She nods and says that must've been nice. It was.

Once over I head to the moon dorms knowing it was empty from them being at classes. I feel weird around Takuma and Aido now. I don't know what to say to them so ive been avoiding them. In the brief hours that they are at the dorms I mostly hang around Akatsuki.

"Hey Yuri want to go into town for awhile?" I nod and get up.

Walking through town I could smell the fresh rain and roses. I smile and continue walking. "So where exactly are we going?"

"You said you only drank Coffee so I wanted to take you to a little cafe near here." He states.

"That's sweet of you." A smile makes its way on my face as we enter the little shop. "Woah! The coffee smells good even from here." We sit at a table near the TV.

_"The attacks on ccg buildings have stopped. We have no idea what this mysterious group of ghouls has planned next but we have a ghoul expert here to explain."_ I widen my eyes when I see me on the TV.

"Oh my damn."

_"Three ghouls lead these attacks. Starting with the "deer" she always breaks into the building the day before to steal any valuable documents or items. Next is her  supposed lover "eyepatch" and their unknown subordinate who follow through with the slaughter the next day."_ I spit my coffee out all over Akatsuki once I heard the TV say 'lover'. How did they even come up with that?! Seeing the mess I frantically get some napkins to clean him up.

"Oh I'm so sorry I didn't mean to!" Wiping his face I fail to notice where his eyes wandered to. Him sitting down and me standing over him my chest was right in his face.

Once I sat down I continued drinking my cup of coffee. "So you and this 'eyepatch' fellow are?" I cut him off.

"No no no! I don't know why they said that, were just both on the same team." I wave my hands up trying to change the topic.

"Well that's good to know. For a moment I thought I didn't have a chance with you." He let's out a soft laugh and a blush knowing what he meant.

"So does that mean this is a date?" I look up at his orange eyes, somewhere in the back of Amy mind wanting him to say yes.

"If you want it to be then yea." I fail to hide most of my happiness. I look down not able to take the smile off my face and finish my drink.

"It's a date then."
______________________________________

If you're reading this the same day I publish it then Happy 4th of July!!🎆