Chapter 17:The Switch

"It reeks in here." Holding his hand up to his nose he makes a face.

"Really? I can't smell anything that smells bad." He looks at me with a shocked face before it turning into realisation.

"Its probably because of that collar you have on. The minerals in quinque steel can cause a humans nose to be unable to determine smells. Having quinque metal that close to you must have dulled your senses."

I spend a good part of a minute staring down my colleague. "Why the hell did no one every bother to tell me!!"

"I guess with your regenerative abilities the ccgs scientists thought it wouldn't affect you." I mentally scream as i try ti calm down.

"If quinque is the only metal that can harm us, then why would they think this couldn't affect me!"

Getting my mind off the subject a start to help Itou get settled in. "You can hang your clothes up on the closet, I'll see what i can make."

~^°^~

"You cook surprisingly well for a ghoul." I begin to smile noticing her stare.

"Whats with you complimenting me?" You're more annoying then normal. Her eyebrow lifts ever so slightly.

"Nothing its just I've never thought I'd ever get along with someone like you."

"A ghoul?" I nod my head eagerly. My partner lets out an annoyed sigh and just leaves to the bathroom.

"I have work in a few hours, I'll be taking a shower." Hearing the door shut behind her I finish eating.

Once i finished putting away my belongings I lay in the small bed the apartment held. Slowly i start to doze off.

Poke

"Hey. Im off to work." My partners soft finger pokes my cheek waking me up. I see her figure over mine and her short hair flowering around her face. My thoughts bring me to realise that I've never been with Yuri outside out work. We technically are still on a case but it seems more relaxed then what we're used to. It feels nice.

I watch as she locks the door behind her and leaves.

~^°^~

"Hello Ms. Yuri!" Seeing my bosses cheerful being i bring myself to let out a laugh. "Now I know your schedule here has been a bit hectic but I'm grateful you're here."

"No problem, and thank you for hiring me sir." It's been a little over a week yet i havent foumd any clues to advance my case. "Here is my weekly report and I will get back to my post if you are done speaking with me."

"Ah yes about that." His cheerful exterior quickly turns serious as he takes a seat. "I know you're very capable of being a security guard but im planning to change your duties from orotecting the school to protecting the bight class."

"Why exactly the night class sir?" Why this specific group of students? Dont the day classes need protection too?

"Lets just say that the night class is a bit special. I need you to keep them in order."

"Special? How?" My mind became plagued with questions. Was the night class being targeted? Are they troublemakers?

"Ms. Yuri, I'm sure you will find out soon but for now one of the night class students are here to escort you and give you a run down or your new tasks." With those words he sent me out where a happy blonde student stood.

"Hello Ms. Yuri im the vice president of the night dorms, Ichijo Takuma and am here to take you the the night dorms." Leading the way i quickly follow. "I realize you have been serving as a night gaurd on campass but from now on we have come to think you will serve more use from being the night classes body guard to say the least." His bright attitude almost made me not question his words. But seeing as how I need to keep this job in the meanwhile I stay quiet.

"You are here to protect us from any outside sources, and occasionally resolve a few quarrels amongst the night classes student body."

Arriving to the dorms he leads me into a office. After a few seconds of searching he hands me a bag.

"In there isa few things you'd need." Opening it i notice one thing quickly. Blood. Blood tablets like the ones the CCGs tried to get me on. What are they doing here of all places?

"Come along Ms. Yuri." Making a mental note to investigate later i follow behind the blond. "Lord Kaname is to be respected. You are technically working under him." He says as he knocks on a door.

"Yes Ichijo." Opening the door we walk inside. I see the same brunette from the forest looking out the window.

Bowing Ichijo speaks. "Ms. Yuri has been assigned to your request." Raising himself back up his expression seemed uneasy for a first time.

Looking back to the brunette I noticed he had stood taller and his hands had curled into fists. Relaxing he turns to us, addressing Ichijo to leave the room was just the two of us alone.

"Ms. Yuri." Breaking the air I introduce myself and extend my hand waiting for his.

He stares a second before finally shaking my hand. "Kaname Kuran."

With a firm handshake I notice how mature Kaname seemed to be compared to the others his age.

"I never thought Headmaster Cross would have the audacity to send you but you'll have to do." My confusion must have been noticeable because Kaname continued talking after a second. "The night class has been restless to say the least. They lose control easily and the tablets arent working. I-I mean the night class needs a body guard to make sure no one gets out of control."

What is he talking about? Lose control over what?

"By that expression on your face i figure you still have no clue what we are? It doesnt matter now. You'll find out sooner or later."

Swiftly making an exit I follow admiring the movement and beauty before me. At a school as protected like Cross Academy I can't imagine the need for a bodyguard. Along with the topic about tablets, and losing control. What did I get myself into?

______________________________________

First chapter of the New Years! How did you spend your holidays? What are some of your new year resolutions?