Chapter 9:Dinner

Unfortunately we had to end our coffee date and go back to the academy before classes started up again.

Along the way it had started to pour. Akatsuki being the only one with a coat brought me closer to him to cover us from the rain as we started to run back to the school.

Arriving at the school semi soaked we rest against a tree. Wringing my hair I notice Akatsuki staring.

He faces back once I caught him. I let out a giggle. "I had a nice time with you today." I see his blush darken a bit. "I'll see you once classes are over." With that I run to class.

Hopefully no one will notice. Silently opening the door I sneak to my seat only being noticed by Zero when I sat next to him.

"Why are you so late?" He whispers.

"You don't need to worry about it." I reply. He gave me a slight scowl but persisted.

"You were with those vampires went you. I can practically smell them all over you." My eyes widen, I don't smell them on me.

"Just don't be late tonight we have to go on patrol." With that he faces towards the front of the class.

Later once done I walk with Yuki to the moon dorms to help with the day students.

"Having you on the committee has been so helpful Yuri!" I smile and thank her happy for the compliment.

I face towards the crowd when the night class steps out not wanting to make eye contact. Unfortunately Aido makes me the target of every girls hate by hugging me from behind. Right in front of his crowd of fangirls. Feeling their attitude change Aido whispers something to me. "Please don't ignore me Yuri or else I'll have to punish you." Hearing that last sentence I freeze as he walks back to join the rest of the night class.

"Looks like Aido has a thing for you Yuri!" She teases and smiles as I walk her back to her dorm. He's not the only one though. Once there I say goodnight and leave.

Seeing Zero in the doorway I sigh remembering we had to go on patrol. "Let's go" He says walking ahead of me. Matching his speed we walk in silence.

"So um what's up with you and your twin?" He doesn't reply so I change the topic. "Is Yukis blood as good as it smells?" Without warning he quickly turns around pinning me against a tree. I must've hit a nerve.

"Don't talk about-" He pauses and I could hear his heartbeat quicken.

"About what? The fact that you're taking advantage of Yuki and her blood. Or the fact that even as I speak you can't control your need for blood." He punches the side of the tree behind me. I sigh. "Let me help you Zero." He faces up not understanding. Biting a piece of skin from my arm I face it towards Zero.

"Here hurry before it heals." I see his eyes turn red but he hesitates before finally giving into his bloodthirst. tHe feeling of having the blood ducked out of me was surprisingly pleasant. He gives a quiet thank you once he's done.

Later that night while walking back the the school we stop. Overhearing a conversation I realise it was Kaname and Yuki. Nothing stood out to me more then when Kaname said. "I love you" while holding Yuki. She had fainted or something. Running to her Kaname hands me her and tells me to take her to the infirmary. Leaving Zero and Kaname I stay with Yuki.

Eventually falling asleep I wake up to see Aido waking me up. "Yuri you need to go to class I will watch lady Yuki until you are back." Lady Yuki? Getting up I walk out heading to my class.

"Yukis still asleep?" I nod at Zeros question as I take a seat. I notice Ichiru wasn't in class. Not dwelling to much on the subject I fall asleep. Along with Zero beside me.

"Yuri class is over." Hearing Yoris soft voice I get up and yawn. She hands me some class notes for Yuki and I thank her. Turning to Zero I shake his arm.

"Hey wake up we need to go check on Yuki." He groggily opens his eyes but soon gets up following me to the infirmary.

Seeing Aido outside the room I finally decide to talk to him as Zero goes in to the infirmary.

"So exactly why is there more vampires waiting outside?" He looks to me before speaking.

"Last night kaname announced that him and Lady Yuki are lovers. He even said she was his fiance." My eyes widen.

"All this vampire business still confuses me." Changing the subject I say. "Anything happen while you were here?" He nods and calmly explained that ichiru came in with a vile of blood he thinks he was going to give Yuki. "Damn." That's all I say before Zero leaves.

I see the headmaster approach. "Yuri would you mind helping me get some veggies from the garden? I'm hoping we make a dinner for the whole committee and Ichiru!" I open my mouth to say something but he already handed me gloves.

"Do you think it's actually a good idea? Those two don't exactly seem to get along." I say pulling out a carrot.

"They're both here attending this school they should at least make up." Eh. He's got a point. Classes with both of them have been weird in a way. Once done we head back.

"Oh ichiru!" Now noticing him I follow the headmaster towards him.
He was headed towards the gate. I wonder where he was headed. Headmaster Cross had convinced him to join us and Zero for dinner.

"Here stir this." We were currently in the kitchen preparing the food. Washing the vegetables I feel like I was being watched. Turning I catch a glimpse of Ichiru staring at me. He was currently helping with the soup. Walking over to him I see him tense up.

"Here let me help." Handing me the stirrer he steps back.

"Yuri how do you know how to cook? You know with eating humans and all." I pause to look at the headmaster standing behind us. I look to him then at ichiru silently saying 'does he know I'm a ghoul!'. He laughs and walks over to us. "It's ok Yuri ichiru here probably knew even before he transferred here. I look up to him to see a slight nod. I sweatdrop now getting why Maria and him acted so weird towards me.

Sighing I answer. "I used to be a ghoul chef. Cooking human flesh into human gourmet looking dishes for rich snobs. It was an easy job and made good money, and that's how I learned to cook." I guess they were surprised I said that so normally. I few more quiet seconds passed before the headmaster laughed it off.