The Jealous Prince (Merlin FanFic)

~Gay Merlin FanFic~

Warnings: Gay, Cursing, Spoilers (?)

This is set in a dream world where Arthur is king, Gwen is with Lancelot, and Camelot accepts gays.

1415 Words
***
Merlin awoke with a start and quickly took in his surrondings. He got up from the ground he had slept on and stepped over the pile of books that blocked his exit.

Why am I in the library? a very confused Merlin asked himself.

Then it hit him. He was hiding! (Hiding from his gay thoughts of Arthur....)

You see, Arthur seemed to always find something Merlin did or didn't do to be angry about. For example, he had gotten mad at Merlin just the other day for not polishing his armor after he had finished all of his numerous other chores and saved Arthur's life...again.

God, he was annoying!

And, to top it all off, Merlin had to deal with the beautiful PMSing king's special guest, Sir Edward, who was staying in the castle for an upcoming fighting tournament in Camelot, because his crush (Arthur) said the warlock would be the knight's personal servant and would do whatever he said.

Never had Merlin ever wanted to kill the man he had to protect more than when Arthur made him the knight's servant.

First off, the man was a pig that never stopped talking about all the people he had bedded, men and women alike.

Then he proceeded to try to bed Gwen, who, of course, (as she was with Lancelot) declined. But her denial didn't stop him from harassing her every chance he got.

It wasn't until he tried something in front of Lancelot and got the utter crap beat out of him that he finally left her alone.

But Merlin had his suspicions that the knight would try to find someone else to sleep with; he just didn't expect it to be him.

It was the first day of the week-long tournament and Merlin had woken up to flowers addressed to him. At first he thought that maybe the oblivious king he so obviously had a crush on was finally coming around, but that theory was dead as soon as he saw who they were from.

His explanation of him getting flowers from Sir Edward was that the knight was just bad at spelling "Gwen." Really, really bad at spelling. But, after talking to him, he realized that the flowers were, in fact, for him!

But, Merlin being Merlin, just thought this was a sign of gratitude from the knight for being his temporary servant and carried on like normal.

He was out on the training field watching his king and the knights practice when it happened.

Sir Edward walked over to where Merlin was standing... and kept walking, backing the servant against the castle wall he was standing near.

When Merlin, wide eyed and confused, tried to get away, the staring knight put an arm beside his head and trapped him.

Just as Merlin was beginning to ponder whether or not he should yell for the knights, Sir Edward leaned in and kissed him. Of course, as his heart belonged to his king, Merlin just stood there, frozen.

After the knight had pulled away, he looked into Merlin's eyes, said, "I will have you, and I will make you mine," and walked back out of the room, leaving behind a very confused Merlin, a catcalling Gwaine, and a livid Arthur.

After the kiss had scarred Merlin and instilled the fact that he only had feelings for Arthur into his brain, he continued his duties as a servant to both Arthur and Sir Edward (ha, duty) and made sure to try to avoid latter.