Sick Day (Merlin FanFic)

~Fluffy Merthur~

Warnings: Cuteness

531 Words
***
"Rise and shine, Arthur!" Merlin shouted while throwing the extravagant curtains open.

The young king only rolled over to avoid the light from the window and let out a groan in annoyance, snuggling back into the warm blankets.

"Come on, Arthur, it's time to get up! You have a busy day ahead of you!" Merlin chirped, picking out his king's clothes for the day.

Arthur let out another grunt and lifted his head from the soft pillow.

"Merlin, I can't be king today, I'm sick," he sleepily grumbled out.

Merlin walked over to put his hand on Arthur's forehead, "You don't have a temperature."

"No, I assure you, I'm very sick. Too sick to be king today," Arthur looked up into Merlin's blue eyes, a serious look on his face.

"Sure you are," Merlin rolled his eyes, a smile taking over his face as he continued to gather the things the young king would need for the day whilst Arthur checked out his butt.

"No, Merlin, you aren't listening, I'm sick."

"Okay, tell me your symptoms," Merlin challenged.

"I'm terribly cold and I feel sick and weak," Arthur sat up in his bed, revealing his bare chest.

"It just sounds like a case of laziness to me," Merlin muttered under his breath after looking over his sleepy king.

"What was that, Merlin?"

"Nothing."

"No, you said something," the blonde pressed.

"Add 'hearing things' to your list of symptoms," the other man said over his shoulder.

"Merlin, get over here now," Arthur ordered.

The raven haired boy sighed and trudged over to the large bed. He stood in front of Arthur with his arms crossed and an adorable pout on his face.

Arms shot out and grabbed the standing boy, pulling him down to sit in his king's lap.

"A-Arthur! What are you-"

The blonde interrupted the raven by pulling him closer, snuggling into him.

They sat in silence for a moment before Merlin said, "I thought you were sick and weak."

Arthur kissed the top of his Merlin's head, "I'm never too sick to snuggle with you."

Merlin relaxed in the other man's arms and sighed in content, he could stay here all day, but he had work to do.

"I have work to do, Arthur, you need to let me go," Merlin tried to escape from the warm grip he was trapped in.

"No, I'm sick and to get better I get a day full of cuddles and kisses."

"Arthur, you realize that if you're sick, you can't kiss me," Merlin pointed out, giggling as he felt Arthur stiffen under him.

"I'm feeling so much better, I don't think I'm sick anymore," Arthur quickly said.

"What a miracle," Merlin quipped, finally breaking free from the royal's strong arms.

"Uh huh," the blonde hummed as he grabbed Merlin's shirt and pulled him into a sweet kiss.

Merlin tried to pull away from the kiss but he was pulled back in by Arthur.

"Uh uh, if I'm missing out on my sick day, I'm going to get a decent kiss from my boyfriend," Arthur chuckled, pulling a giggly, blushing Merlin back into a passionate kiss.