One Word (Supernatural FanFic)

~Soul Mate Destiel~

Warnings: Guess what? It's gay like everything else I write!

1283 Words
***
One word. That's all he had. Just one. He seriously didn't know how he'd find his soul mate with just one word, but he apparently he would.

Only one word to know if the one speaking it was his soul mate and it was probably the weirdest one he could get.

"Pie," Castiel read disdainfully.

He glared at the unhelpful word sitting atop his wrist, wishing it would go away. Alas, the word didn't leave his skin, it stayed in it's black lettering and taunted him.

It was so random! Why would that be the one thing someone would say to anyone else? It could've been something normal like, "Hello, my name is your soul mate, care to go out with me?"

Cas frowned and shook his head. Maybe something like that, only less strange. Castiel really preferred for things to be at least slightly normal.

Which is why he was going to absolutely hate the encounter he was about to have because it was far from normal.

Anyways, Cas was so stuck in his thoughts the he didn't notice the man sitting on his favorite bench, and, as he didn't notice the man, he surely didn't notice the box he had next to him.

So that's how this not-so-normal encounter started - with Castiel sitting on a stranger's package.

Castiel shot up when he noticed he had sat on something that wasn't a bench. He quickly turned around and saw a crushed box and a cute, yet angry, stranger.

"Crap, I'm so sorry!" Cas then added, "Wait, that wasn't expensive, was it?"

The shocked, angry man only said one word, "Pie."

Castiel's eyes widened. "What?"

"Pie. That was my pie you just sat on. Apple pie to be exact, my favorite kind," the stranger ranted, his eyebrows furrowed in an upset way.

"I'm so sorry! Obviously it was an accident, I usually don't go sitting on other people's pies," Castiel tried a joke.

Judging by the other man's face, it didn't work. Cas pursed his lips.

"I can pay you for a new one. How much was this one?"

"You can't, this was the last apple pie they had!"

This stranger was obviously not happy about Castiel sitting on his pie.

"Couldn't you just get one from another bakery? Come on, just let me pay you for the damages," Cas begged.

The stranger looked appalled. "Another bakery? Excuse you, sir, but Charlie's Bakery is the only place for apple pies!"

Castiel let out a small huff, this guy was serious about his pies.

"What's you second favorite pie and where's it from?" Castiel asked.

Pie guy rolled his eyes before answering with, "Cherry from Charlie's Bakery."

This Charlie had to be some artist with pies.

"Okay. Can I take you there and buy you a new pie?"

The stranger looked Cas up and down before answering.

"If you're paying, then you have to split the pie with me, it's only fair."

Castiel smiled at him and nodded before they both got up, threw away the flat pie, and started towards the bakery.
***
When they finally got to the bakery, the stranger held the door for Cas and let him in first. Castiel smiled at him and couldn't help the small blush that enveloped his cheeks.