Chapter 3: Just a Tad Bit Awkward..

Benedict's POV

I spalshed water on my face. I wasn't expecting to meet her now, I thought it was this evening!! I kept looking at my clothes and my hair. I gained some courage, left the restroom, and headed back to the table. Once I got to the table, I noticed Lucille had just pulled out a chair from another table, but she hasn't sat down yet. I clear my throat, 

"Excuse my behavior a while ago. It was totally wrong and I should've stand up and introduced myself properly." I was feeling fine, now that I'm talking. "As you may already know, I'm Benedict Cumberbatch." "Um, your um.." "What? Is there something on my face? Is the purple shirt?" She started giggling and then she pointed to my hair. My hair? Whats wrong with my hair? "Your hair is a bit...uh...messy." "Oh. Sorry about that." I started ruffling my hair and noticed she had a little smirk on her face. "Shall we sit down and eat lunch?" Martin asked, breaking the little connection Lucille and I had. Already, I knew Martin will have a talk with me once we're back at Mark's office. 

"So uh, Lucille, right?" I asked. "Yes, it's Lucille." "What are you doing here in London?" I was trying to start a conversation. "Yes, what are you exactly doing in London? I don't think you told me last night." Martin said to her, but kept looking at his phone. "Well, about a year ago, I decided to move here and have a fresh start. Get away from everyone back in Baltimore." "What happened in Baltimore?" both Martin and I asked Lucille, wondering what went wrong in Baltimore a year ago.

"A year ago, I came here to visit my sister. And while I was here, my ex-husband kept accusing me of cheating on him, which I never did. I went back home later that week and caught him having a little 'fling' with our next door neighbor. And since then, we've been dealing with courts and paperwork." When she was done, it somewhat sunk in that she is free, but from the looks on her face, it shows that she is having trust issues with a lot of people. I wouldn't blame her and not trusting a lot of people. 

The waitress came by with our food. Lucille got up, put the chair where it belonged originally and said "It was nice meeting you Benedict. See you boys later!" I watched her go to the cash register, grab the plastic bag with a few to-go boxes inside, paid, and left the door. "Benedict, you're food is going to get cold if you don't eat it soon. Plus, we don't have much time left." Martin said, but I wasn't listening. I was thinking of what had just happened...I just met the girl, and already, I know she is divorced and seems to be having trust issues. 

-Arriving at the office-

"Ah, there you two are! How was lunch?" Steven asked us once we walked in. "It was interesting" I said as I picked up my script and I didn't bother taking my coat off. "How?" both Steven and Mark asked. "Well, let's just say, we saw one of my friends." Martin started to say, but he couldn't quite put the words together. "Well...this one here was suppose to meet my friend this evening. However-" I cut him off by saying "We met during lunch. An unexpected time. A little shocking surprise." Believe me, it was a little shocking surprise. "Shall we get back to work?" I asked everyone, but nobody answered me though. I looked away from the script and they were looking at me. "Problem?" I asked, but still, nobody answered. This was getting a bit awkward... 

Lucille's POV

I had just came back from my lunch break, when I realized that Tara was sitting at one of the tables, talking to my friend Abby. I didn't expect Abby to be here. "Hey, I thought you were at your flat with the adoption agency?" I asked her. "They came by this morning." "How did it go?" Tara asked Abby, a smile on Tara's face. "Pretty good actually. They said that on Friday, I can come by their office and finish off the documentation and I get to spend time with him." "Do you know the baby's name?" I've been wondering what his name was. "Victor. And he's so adorable!! Don't worry, you both will get to meet him soon!!" Abby exclaimed. She noticed the plastic bag with the Hard Rock Cafe logo on it. "Who did you go to the Hard Rock with?" she asked. Crap... Now I have to explain the awkward meet with Benedict.. 

"It's a strange story. Well, to me it's strange." I said clamly. Both Abby and Tara gave me confusing looks. "What happened sweetie?" Tara asked. "Well, you both know how I'm suppose to meet Benedict Cumberbatch this evening? Well, both him and Martin ended up having lunch at the Hard Rock. So Martin waved me to come over to their table, I did and when Benedict saw me, he got up and went to the restroom." It was silent for about a minute. Finally Abby spoke up. "What else happened?" "He came back from the restroom, and he introduced himself a bit awkwardly. And then his hair was messy, but he looked good. He thought it was the purple shirt he was wearing. Once he ruffled his hair, oh my goodness, I had to hold back the fangirl inside me." "He sounds charming" Tara said, and she continued to eat her lunch. 

-Later that night-

"You need to find another flat. Once you have Victor, he won't be able to handle the noise" I told her, making a point. Abby is staying here for another night because of her neighbors. "That's one of the reasons why I came over here. I need help with finding a flat in a nice area and I was wondering if you can come with me to look at flats tomorrow." This will be the second time i've helped Abby find a flat in a nice area. The flat she currently lives in, I picked out and said it was so her. But now she's going to move out. "Well, first you need start packing up your old flat, and then we can go flat hunting." I put my laundry basket back in it's usual spot. "Anyways, it's getting late and I need to get to bed." "Alright. Night" Abby left closing the door behind her. I laid on my back, and kept looking up the ceiling and start thinking, will Benedict and I see each other again? 

Benedict's POV

I was watching the telly. A screen popped up and made a noise. It was Martin. 

Martin: I know you're up because you're online. I'm guessing you are still thinking about what happened today.. 

I started typing. 

Benedict: Actually, I am. Do you happen to have her number? 

Martin messaged me Lucille's number. I told him thanks and got offline. It was midnight, and she could be asleep, but I decided to send her a small text: 

Benedict: I know you are sound asleep, but i'm still thinking about how awkward our meet was. Are you free anytime this week? Oh, it's Benedict. Night. 

After I sent the text, I fell asleep on the couch. 

-Getting interesting, huh? Anyways, here's Chapter 3. c:-