Chapter 5: Wasn't Expecting That

Lucille's POV

I had to post pone my meet up with Benedict the other day, due to the fact that i'm helping Abby pack up her old flat, and unpacking some at her new flat. During the day, I would watch Victor and pack. When Abby comes home from work, we'll eat dinner, and i'll leave to my flat. Tara understood that I had to take some days off to help Abby. But tomorrow I have to go back to work. Right now, I need some of the money. Abby wants to lend me money, but I decline it. 

It was finally Friday. I only had a week left until I head back to Baltimore, and as I was holding the 5 week-old Victor, I started thinking about my future. I've always wanted a child of my own, but I know one day, when the time is right, i'll have a baby. I gently placed Victor in the crib that's in the living room, sat down on the floor, and started reading a book on my iPad Mini on Wattpad. All of a sudden, the front door. It was Abby and a guy walking in behind her, closing the door silently. "Abby, whose this?" I asked, with a bit of concern in my voice. "Do you not remember what I said this morning?" "No, I wasn't really paying attention." Being honest. "Well. This is Drew Russell. If you were paying attention, you would've known he was coming over to helpout with the packing." Abby said as she placed her bag down on the kitchen floor and walked over to Victor's crib. Drew just stood there. He has a navy blue coat on, he's wearing white sneakers, and the front of his hair is spiked up. 

"Is this Victor?" Drew asked Abby, a bit shyly. "Yes it is." Abby said in a baby voice. "Do you want to hold him?" She asks him. "Sure." Abby hands Victor to Drew, and Drew started talking to me. "What's your name?" "Lucille Lambert. I've heard of you before, but I couldn't really remember you that well." "That's fine. Abby and I barely see each other that much." He was so well with babies, and when I looked over at Abby, she was in love with what she's seeing. I smiled and my phone buzzed. It was just a Facebook notification, but I decided to check up on Benedict. "Hey i'll be right back. I have to make a call." I went inside Abby's room, closed the door, and dialed his number. It rang for a while. Finally, he picks up. 

Benedict: Hello? 

His voice was amazing. I got butterfiles just hearing his deep voice. Gaaaahhh. 

Lucille: Hey, it's Lucille. I thought you'd save my number. 

Benedict: On my old phone. I bought a new one the other day and Martin wouldn't give me your number this time. He said I had to wait. 

Lucille: Haha, that's hilarious. Anyways, how have you been? 

Benedict: Good, but busy. We're almost halfway done with fliming the episode. How about you?

Lucille: Busy as well. Helping my friend pack up her old flat and then I fly out next week. 

Benedict: For the divorce, right? How long will you be gone for?

Lucille: Yes, and only for a week. 

Benedict: Ah. 

Lucille: Are you free anytime soon? I'm free during my lunch tomorrow. 

Benedict: You're heading back to work? I'm sorry to sound stalkerish, but i've been dropping by that cafe because I have to talk to you about something. 

Lucille: What is it? 

Benedict: I've been thinking, since we haven't seen each other in four days, maybe we could see each other this weekend. 

Lucille: Where and when? 

Benedict: I haven't got that far yet. 

Lucille: It's okay. How about we have coffee tomorrow morning at the cafe? Depending on how Tara is feeling in the morning, she should let me have a little chat. 

Benedict: Tara is really nice. I like her. Over the past few days, we've gotten to actually talk and get to know each other. Anyways, I gotta go. Martin needs me to help him clean up a bit. 

He hung up and I put my phone in my pocket. I was glad to hear Ben's voice again. In all honestly, I missed hearing it. As I opened the bedroom door and headed towards the kitchen, from what I could tell, I saw Drew's arm wrapped around Abby's waist. He was holding her from behind, and his head was on her shoulder, as they were both looking through a furniture magazine. I started walking, and by accident, I hit the fridge. Abby and Drew heard it, and their now huge eyes blotted to me.. I was now curious about these two. "A-are you two dating?" 

Benedict's POV

"Who was that?" Martin asked me, as I was folding a few shirts and putting them in a container. "Lucille" I responded and stood up. "And i'm guessing you both will see each other tomorrow. From what I understood." "Indeed we are. We're going to discuss our plans for this weekend" I grabbed my coat and before I walked out of the door, Martin asked me "Why are you going?" "I'm heading to Lucille's flat." "You know where she lives? How?" "Your phone book." Clever, isn't it? I left the building, got a cab and started heading towards Lucille's flat. I pulled my phone out when I realized,  I shouldn't send her a text. I should just surprise her. 

As the cab got closer to her flat, I noticed a few people carrying a box inside. She did mention she was helping her friend move into a new flat. I walked up the stairs, and knocked on the door. My phone buzzed:

Martin: Don't do anything stupid. 

Martin should know I won't do anything stupid, nothing stupid to Lucille. I knocked again, and someone who was wearing pajamas answered. "Who are you?" She asked, looking a bit confused. "I'm Benedict Cumberbatch. Lucille's friend." Her eyes got wide. "Ohhh, you're Lucille's friend alright." What did she mean by that? Is there something i'm missing? I shut the door behind me. When I started looking around the room, I noticed a crib. I know Lucille didn't have a kid with her ex, so the baby must be her friends. "Lucille! Benedict is here!" Her friend called. She walked in, and was dressed in comfy clothes. "I didn't know you wear glasses" I told her. "You look good with them" She blushed and said "Thanks." "I see you've already met my friend." "Somewhat. I didn't catch her name" "Abby Smith." "Nice to meet you Abby" 

Abby realized I was looking at the crib. "Oh! My son Victor is in the crib." "You have a son?" "Yup." "Are you with his father?" A look appeared on her face.. did I ask something I shouldn't have? "Actually, I adopted him." "Sorry for asking. But that's good you did it. You're giving a child a good home and bright future." Both Lucille and Abby smiled, but Lucille blushed. "Would you like to stay and chat up with us? I'm making some tea." Lucille said. "I'd love too." 

After an hour of getting to know each other, I mentioned about leaving due to it being late. Abby's son was up and crying, so Abby was in the other room taking care of him. Something was up with Lucille. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Well, it's crazy that i'll finally be divorcing his arse, and I just found out Abby is dating a guy that I barely know about." "You barely knew him? I thought you at least knew a few things about him." "All I know is they've been talking for almost a year." It sounds like Lucille and Abby have been through a lot of stuff throughout the past year. "Well, I must head out." "You can stay if you'd like." Then Martin's text echoed in my head..Don't do anything stupid.. I headed to my coat to get my phone, and set the alarm on it. "Thank you. I promise i'll be out early in the morning." "You don't have too." 

Lucille showed me to the guest bedroom. She turned on the light, and I plugged my phone in. She was leaning against the door frame, bitting her lip. I walked over to her to give her a hug. "Goodnight Ben" she said. I didn't respond with words..I went straight to her lips with a very passionate kiss. We couldn't stop it, and I felt something I've never felt before with anyone else..That kiss meant something. Shoot. Make that the whole night felt wonderful. 

-Soo, what did y'all think of chapter 5?!?!? :D Don't worry, the fanfic just started getting to the interesting stuff. I'm about to start writing chapter 6, but it won't be posted until tomorrow. Vote and comment please. Or just read it. :D -