Chapter 11: A Sweet Makeup & The Ex

Abby's POV

It's been a day since Drew's been home, and I don't know where he's at. I've called his cell, his office, De'Wayne Marco (his co-worker, really good friends with each other) and Martin. He isn't responding to any of my texts, which has been making me nervous. I know I overreacted the other night with our fight, but I've been feeling like Drew is spending more time with his guys and work, then helping me with Victor. I don't know whose going to watch Victor on Monday when I go back to work, so i'll probably ask Tara if she can, but i'm going to need a backup plan in case she says no.

Lucille messaged me at 3 am (London time), and said she arrived to Baltimore safely and wanted to know what the fight was about. We skyped so she wouldn't have a high phone bill to pay, and I gave her every detail of what happened through my tears. I hated that she was miles away, but I wanted my best friend right after the fight. I missed her and i'm hoping she's talked to Benedict about their problems.

-2 hours later-

I was in the cafe where both Tara and Lucille work at, and surprisingly, Tara was working! "I thought you were on vacation?" I asked her, because I remember Lucille telling me that Tara was on leave. "I was, but, I had to come back. The time my daughter-in-law planned out for the whole family, was ruined by my son's boss calling, Meryl's sister needed a babysitter for the night, and she lived out pretty far from where we were all staying, and, Drew called me." Drew called Tara.. "My Drew called you?" "Yes your Drew." She kept cutting bananas into small pieces for her smoothie she was going to make. "Abby, what's going on?" We both knew what happened the other night. "I've been feeling like Drew isn't there for me and Victor anymore. He's always away because of the work him and De'Wayne do, and he's always with his guys. And when Victor cries at night, Drew will get up, but he takes ages to make a bottle and he doesn't even bother looking in the fridge for the bottles I made." Tara was thinking.

"Abby, listen to me when I say this. And believe me too, but, when Drew called me, he was in tears and he said he's been trying his best to take care of the little one. He even came by this morning with Benedict." Benedict? What was he doing with him? "Why was he with Benedict?" I had to ask because I wanted to know why he was with Benedict, when they don't know each other that well. "Because he was one of the few people that came to my mind" we both heard Drew's voice coming from the back, and only I turned my head. My heart began to race by the sight of him standing there with roses in his hand. "I know i've been horrible with taking care of Victor, and you, but you have to listen to me sweetie, i'm trying." "I believe you... you just need work with a lot of baby stuff, that's all."

All of a sudden, he pulls a tiny red box out, comes closer to me but also a bit aways, gets on one knee, and butterflies are in my stomach.

"Abby Michelle Smith, from day one, I knew you were something special. You're caring and sweet to everybody that you know, and I want you to know, that I love you because of that. So Abby, will you please... marry me?" I had happy tears coming down my cheeks, and speechless because I didn't exactly know how to respond. I finally decided to answer back.

"Drew Noah Russell, of course i'll marry you." His smile brightened his face, he got up and slide the ring on my finger. "I truely love you and I want to be there for you and Victor. Our little family." He placed a kiss on my lips and during that kiss, we suddenely hear two voices from the background "That's so sweet!!" from both Martin and Benedict.

Martin's POV

I was happy on Abby and Drew's engagement, but it felt like something was missing. Ah, Lucille was missing. Missing out on a beautiful moment that happened on a couple that was having some troubles. If she was here, she would've loved to see Abby smile again.

Adam's POV

"Sir, I've come in here to inform you that she arrived early this morning." my secretary Linda told me. I wanted her to inform me when my ex-wife, Lucille Lambert, arrives to Baltimore because I would like to talk about the possible things the judge will be questioning us Monday morning. Plus, I want to know if she'll talk about the "murder" we both witnessed that night. The murder of our dear friends, Lauren Maxwell and Joey Dawson. It was a blurr for everybody expect me. I made sure not to drink that night so I can make sure everybody gets home safe, and the murder scene happened at the very first house Lucille and I bought together.

It was a Saturday night, and we were having a get together over at our house. Like any other girl, Lucille decided to wear my sweater, but the sweater she wore, was the sweater my dad wore before he died, and she knew that I didn't want anybody wearing it. My dad and I had a close relationship. Anyways, three of our friends, Lauren Maxwell, Lauren's boyfriend David Jones, and Joey Dawson, came over to have some fun. Throughout the cold night, everybody had drinks but I. Things started getting crazy, Joey was threatening me because I was talking to Lauren instead of Lucille. Joey pulled a knife out from the drawer, and we started fighting. All of a sudden, we hear two gun shots. Both bullets hit Lauren and Joey, and the knife Joey had, was in my leg. The cops were investigating the murder mystery for two weeks, and they finally gave up. Nobody was charged for anything, and instead of asking me all the questions, they kept asking David. 

Lucille's POV

"WHAT!?!! You're engaged!? Congratulations Abby!! I'm so happy for you! Is that how he made it up to you?" I was Skyping with Abby, and she had just told me about her engagement with Drew and how everything has been going since I left. She kept looking at the ring, but I didn't get a clear shot of what it looked like detailed, so i'll have to wait until next week to get a clear shot at it. "He apologized and then he popped the question. You know what blew my mind?" "What?" "Right after we had the fight, he went to Benedict's flat." Why would Drew go to Benedict? Why!? Ugh. Oh well. "Hey, it's almost midnight over here, and I need to get some sleep. I'll message you tomorrow. Again, congratulations!!" We both ended the call and I set my laptop on the ground. I went under the sheets, turned the lamp off and when I was drifting off to sleep, my phone buzzed, but I didn't answer it. 

-The morning- 

Adam Johnson: Hello Lucille. I hear you're in Baltimore, and I know what hotel you're staying at. Don't worry. It will be a pleasure to see you tomorrow. 

What. The. Heck. This isn't good. 

- I had to rewrite this chapter and the chapter title a few times, but finally it's done. Anyways, i'll try to post a chapter tomorrow night, but there's no promises on that. I wont be posting any chapters until Tuesday, the 18th. Why i'm posting late is because i'm going out of town. So, here's chapter 11. Enjoy:D-