Chapter 12: The Court Day

-This chapter is mainly the court trial between Lucille and her ex-husband. In the end of the chapter, we will see a few point of view's from different people.- 

Lucille's POV

Finally. It's Monday, the day where Adam, myself, and a few of our friends, sit in the courtroom hearing the judges and us talk about our marriage from the past and what has happened. I was looking at the two button up shirts, the two blazers, and the three nice skirts I brought, debating what I was going to wear today. My hair was already in a tight bun, and I only had three hours to debate what outfit I was going to wear. It will be strange seeing him after a year, but it will be nice to divorce his lying nasty arse. 

Really early this morning, Martin sent me a message, asking how everything was going on over here and if the court date has happened. When I told him it was at 930 in the morning, he was surprised, but he also understood that cases usually start that early. I was curious how Benedict was, and Martin's reply was strange. He said that Benedict has been in better moods lately, and is always with Drew, helping him out with Victor. Throughout rehearsals, Benedict is more of the character Sherlock, then his ownself. The only thing that relieved me, is that he's happy and not mourning over what happened a few weekends ago. 

-3 hours later.-

"Ms. Lambert." Judge Myron said. It's been a few hours since the case has started. Adam and his lawyer were sitting down, as I was standing up, talking to the judge about what I thought and felt about our marriage. "As I'm looking through each document you've given me, it says something here about a murder that happened. Is this true?" I totally forgot about the murder of Lauren Maxwell and Joey Dawson. After that night happened, Adam and our old friend, David Jones, have been suspicious since then. "Yes sir, that is true." "Can you please tell me what happened?" "Well, it was a chilly Saturday night. I decided to have a little get together with three of our good friends, and neighbors. Lauren Maxwell, Joey Dawson, and David Jones. After about 15 minutes of waiting after I made the call to them, they came over. Everybody but David were having some drinks because David had to drive his sister to the airport later that night anyways. After 2 hours of having talks, roasting marshmellows, and playing games, Joey and Adam starting arguing about this girl that none of us know." "Do you remember her name?" "In fact I do. Her name was Chelsea Maxwell, Lauren's little sister. Anyways, when Lauren heard Chelsea's name, she got into the argument, and that's when things started getting crazy. Joey and Adam started throwing punches at each other, Lauren got into it, pulling Joey away, but as she was pulling him away, Adam punched her to the ground, causing blood to come out of her nose and left a cut on her forehead. Lauren's boyfriend, David got mad that Adam punched Lauren to the ground, pushed Joey away, and started fist fighting with each other. All of a sudden, we all heard two shots fire from a gun. I couldn't really tell who shot the gun, but I heard bloody scream from Lauren." 

"That's not what happened. Judge, don't believe her side of the story." Adam said. The judge changed face expressions, and said "Mr. Johnson, please be quiet and sit down. After Lucille is done talking, that's when you may speak." "Sorry sir." Adam sat down, and the judge nodded at me, telling me I can continue talking. "Do you have an idea on who shot the gun Ms. Lambert?" "No sir, I don't." "That doesn't help with that situation." He started looking through the documents I had written, and he pulled two sheets of paper out. "Adam, please stand up. I need you both to explain your own point of view on the marriage. Adam, you may start first." 

Adam's POV

"I'm going to use the honest system, and to be perfectly honest, I thought our marriage was perfect." I said out loud, so everybody in the court room heard me. "Excuse me, you thought it was perfect?" Lucille said to me. "Please, we don't want an argument to go on. Lucille, Adam has the floor. Now, why did you think it was perfect?" "Well, I always spoke the truth, never cheated, and took care of Lucille." Even though i'm lying, it's bad enough to cover up my past what I did to her. I didn't want this divorce finalized, so i'm going to lie about everything, so we can have another trial. "You're claiming you never cheated, told the truth and took care of her. But here on the documents, you BOTH stated that you have at least cheated on her three times, lied about a lot of the house, and it states here, that you kicked her out of the house for two months. IS this right Mr. Johnson?" My heart was beating fast, and I didn't know if I should just speak the truth, or lie again. If I told the truth, I would get into trouble about lying, and probably go to jail or do some community work. But if I lied, this wouldn't get anywhere but hold another a trial like this in 6 months. What to do, what to do.. 

"Your honor, I have to tell you something." I said. "What is it?" The judge asked. "I lied about everything. I did cheat on her, I never took care of her, and I did lie to her a lot, but there were times when I did speak the truth." Judge Myron's face grew angry. Yes. I pissed him off, but when I was thinking of what the best choice would be, telling the truth seemed the best. "So you lied to me about everything you've said in the past 3 hours?" "Yes your honor." "That was a bad move to lie Adam, and you will receive punishment." There were silence for a while. Finally, Judge Myron spoke. "I hearby declare this marriage, officially divorced. Ms. Lambert, you are now a single divorced woman. Mr. Johnson, you are now a single divorced man. Trial closed." He slammed his little hammer, I stood there, thinking of what I had just said. Lucille and her lawyer were picking everything up, and left. 

Abby's POV

It was 9 pm. Victor was sound asleep, which most nights, is rare, Drew was with Benedict and Martin getting groceries, and I was sitting on the couch, watching the tele. My phone was ringing pretty loud, and as I got up, Victor started crying. I went and got Victor, then went to answer the phone. 

Abby: Hello? 

Lucille: Abby! It's me! 

Abby: Oh hey!! How did it go? 

Lucille: Just what I had expected. He lied at first, but then told the truth. What's new with you? 

Abby: Nothing. Victor heard the phone ringing, so he's up. 

Lucille: I think i'm going to come home early. But I want to see my family first. It would be nice if you came by. 

Oh, it will. 

-Like I said last week, here's another chapter. Enjoy lovely followers and readers!! :D-